SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dees_1

Mixed emotions - Rambling

dees_1
10 years ago

You all know I don't post much here but I have to get this off my chest.

Several years ago, my husband and I prevented a very serious crime from happening. Nothing physical or "intervening" but acting on intuition and alerting authorities. Don't want you all thinking we're super-people or anything. The man was caught and served jail time. He pled guilty moments before the trial was to start where I would have testified as a primary witness. He knew who we were because of that. He never scared me but the young woman who was his intended victim had her life change; she's done fine but knowing what could have been scared her.

I kept tabs on him but kind of fell away from doing that for a few months. I did a search today and found he passed away early September of last year.

I've got mixed emotions. Don't know how he died and I don't care. I feel sorrow for his family but then a sense of peace that there's no more looking over one's shoulder. We let the young woman know (she moved across the country) and she thanked us again. I feel odd; like I have zero emotion about it.

I am not looking for replies or anything; I just wanted to get that off my chest; I think I just needed to tell someone outside the little impacted circle.

Comments (13)