Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new curtains for the kitchen

Posted by schoolhouse (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 17:55

Found a pretty pair of vintage kitchen curtains yesterday at my friend's antique shop. I posted already on "Kitchens", but thought I'd share this pic here too. The curtains are clean, pressed, and no stains; someone took good care of them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new curtains for the kitchen

WOW! That was a lucky find, they look beautiful. Seems like the kitty likes them also;)

o

Love the colors and the graphics! Great find!

o

Kitty seems to be enjoying!

o

I think my DM had those same curtains at one time.

o

You posted more pics on the "kitchens" forum. Cute curtains, great kitchen, and I do love your beadboard!

o

really nice...my friend just took hers down to wash and they fell apart...they were antique aprons! so now is looking for some...she looked at somwe of the vintage yardage sites but wow, they're really expensive...

o

Love the kitty! You did good getting those curtains.

o

Great Find!! I remember your pretty kitchen and what a beautiful cat and picture!

o

Thanks all.

susan - you might mention Etsy's website to your friend. Just click on "Vintage" then type in "vintage kitchen curtains". I'd been browsing them for awhile but didn't find anything that I really liked and felt comfortable ordering online without seeing them first. Some were pricey with shipp/hand added. It's fun to look at them all though. I paid $16 for mine at the antique shop.

o

Pretty!

o

Love those! What year do you suppose they're from? They seem somewhat familiar; I grew up in the 60's and 70's....are they older than that?

o

Your curtains look really nice in your kitchen. In the late '50's I bought some similar fabric and made curtains for the kitchen where we lived and they were such tall windows. So I would say your curtains are from around there or early '60's.

I like your kitty cat too.

Sue

o

Not sure about the year the curtains were made, but whoever did so had a steady hand at the sewing machine. Such nice stitches. Yes, the graphics are fun. What first caught my eye was the splash of orange here and there, just what my kitchen needed. This morning I was studying the graphics and one is a little cottage with a porch, some tall shrubbery near it and a flower garden of some sort in front. Among the others, what appears to be a Christmas ornament? They will make washing dishes fun from now on.

This is funny. I got an email from my friend who owns the antique shop, she said "So YOU are the lady who took two hours to pick out a pair of curtains!" Evidently the guy who was working that day mentioned it. Well, there were two pair, I had to make sure. lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here