Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oh Ladies, Please Help Me Out

Posted by walnutcreek (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 17:53

I did something I have never ever done before. I put some water on to bring to boil to cook spaghetti; then my granddaughter called me and I forgot all about the water. After we had talked awhile, I started smelling something - thought it was the neighbor grilled something a few minutes later the smell was definitely something burning. It finally dawned on me what it was. You got it - the All-Clad pan I had put on the stove. The inside is black. What in the worled do I do to clean this pan? Having never dealt with something like this, I am at a loss.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oh Ladies, Please Help Me Out

Barkeeper's Friend to the rescue, Walnut!!
If you don't have any on hand, sprinkle baking soda liberally on the bottom with some water to make a paste and let sit.

o

I do similar with cream of tartar and water. I boil it together and let it sit. I use a couple of tablespoons of c.of t. and about a cup of water. The next day I wash and scrub a little, then it's usually as good as new!

o

I go along with the baking soda and water. I never measure, just add the soda with enough water to cover the area well and bring it to a boil and sometimes let it boil for awhile and the crud rises to the top.

o

Yup - Barkeeper's friend.
Run hot water on the pan to heat it up. Do not fill the pan, but shake the Barkeepers friend on the inside, then rub-not hard, with a plastic scouring pad just firm.
Rinse with hot water.

It may take a couple of scourings, but it really works.

o

You can also use dishwasher detergent and water and let it sit overnight.

o

I came crying to the Table last year with the exact problem! I was strongly steered in the direction of powdered dish washer detergent brought to a boil, removed from the heat and allowed to soak overnight.

I had to do it twice, but it ended up clean as a whistle.

Mine was way too burned for baking soda to be of any help. Since you just had water in yours, it might be worth a try, though.

o

Yes I recommend the the dishwasher powder detergent, I make a paste of it to let it sit over night. It has enzymes for breaking down the particles.

o

I use vinegar and water and leave overnight.

o

Good Luck and let us know which remedy worked. I know cream of tarter works well on aluminum not sure how it would work on an All Clad pan.

o

My friend tried moistening a fabric softener sheet and placing it in the pan, barely covered with water.
She let it sit overnight and said it was easy to clean in the morning.
Worth a try......keep us updated, please.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here