Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Sunday?

Posted by patti43 (trishc70@yahoo.com) on
Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 17:47

I had a late lunch (broccoli cheese soup) so I'm not hungry yet.

What delicious dinners are you making or eating out tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Sunday?

I had a coney dog along with some potato soup. Tasted pretty good to me.

Overcast here in Ohio today, but temperatures in high 30s and almost all the snow/ice is melted. Hooray.

Shirley

o

Hi Patti!
We were up and watching the Canada/Sweden hockey game this morning. Some of the local bars were open at 6:30 so that hockey-lovers could watch the game. Note: Booze was NOT served, just breakfasts and lots of coffee. Lots of revelers took part.

I made more bran muffins today. They are so handy to have in the freezer.

Dinner was basmati rice, with onions and walnuts;
pork chops served with a dijon, apple juice and finely diced apples sauce, and roasted asparagus.

o

I went to church with Cheryl and Kevin and then we 4 went to Captain D's for our lunch. Ate too much and it was very good. I am not hungry but we are getting ready to put a frozen pizza in the oven. I still have company plus Alyssa is here. Lunch was fried fish, coleslaw, fries, hush puppies and iced tea to drink.

Sue

o

Lunched with friend after church.

Surin's Thai and Sushi: we both had their

coconut tofu soup which is always outstanding

Thai bbq chicken with stir fried rice and shrimp

o

Shirley, that coney dog is calling me! Glad the snow and ice are gone so you can get out and about!

Jasdip, did your team win? I haven't been keeping up with the Olympics. My bad! I had 5 large baking potatoes that needed to be used so I made them into twice-baked potatoes. Baked the potatoes, scooped out the pulp, mashed it with butter, milk and sour cream. Added shredded cheddar, sliced green onions chopped parsley and some chopped bacon. Topped with more cheese and bacon. Put them on a cookie sheet and they are in the freezer before being stored in bags and run through the Food Saver. They sure look pretty!

Sue, glad you are able to get out again. Lunch sounds great. Little Alyssa will soon be a 3-year old. It's a great age. I've never had Captain D's but it looks a lot like Long John Silvers.

Glenda, I really like Thai coconut soup, but the rest of your meal sounds even better.

o

We're having a spinach and mushroom salad topped with salmon and a blue cheese mustard dressing. DH is on a low carb diet so I'm supporting him and eating that way too. Weather here was nice, a bit cool, but overcast.

o

Roasting 2 "sticky" chickens, will have roasted squash, onions and cauliflower and steamed green beans.

o

We are having ribs when they are done and baby Brussels sprouts in butter sauce.

o

We are having jambalaya--it is smelling good. We enjoyed a beautiful sunny day but the cold returns midweek.

o

Angel hair pasta with clam sauce.

o

i made "fake" McDonalds McRib sandwiches,using pork pattty TV dinners, put the meat on a bun with dill pickles. Hubby ate the whole thing, didn't complain a bit. Now we're watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics.

o

We went out for our weekend brunch and drive. Neither of us knew what we were hungry for, so we just headed for town to see what inspired us. We came across the City Cafe and Diner, within spitting distance of the Cracker Barrel AND IHOP, neither of which inspired us.

Jackpot! What a place and what food. Can't wait to go back and try some of their Greek food. Anyway, we both brought home leftovers to spare and that's what is for supper tonight.

o

BD actually cooked..
He made smothered chops, fried cabbage and leeks and tried my oven rice trick.

Pretty much the only indoor cooked meal he makes. :)

I was thankful and he didn't leave to many dishes/pans for me to wash.

o

Several people here mentioned broccoli cheese soup over the past couple of days, so tonight when I wanted to make something quick, between the replay of last weeks episode of Downton Abbey (which I had missed) and this weeks season finale, the thought "broccoli cheese soup" came to me.

I start with Campbell's Chunky Chicken Broccoli cheese & potato which is IMO too salty, and almost completely lacking in broccoli and cheese, but by adding half a can of milk, a small head of steamed broccoli florets, 4 oz shredded cheddar and three shakes of tobasco it turns out pretty good. And with the induction cooktop it was about 6 minutes total including steaming the broccoli.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here