Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Tuesday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 17:22

Busy today. Got 3 loads of laundry washed, dried, folded or hung and put away. Did a little cleaning and emptied wastebaskets. Put a whole chicken in the crockpot this morning to roast. The recipe said 8 hours, but mine was practically falling off the bone after 5 hours. Harry ran the dishwasher and I got the dishes put away. Cleaned out the frig and got rid of all the leftovers that had been in there long enough. Got those dishes cleaned up and put away. Must made a corn casserole and put it in the oven.

For dinner tonight we'll have the chicken (which I'm putting in the oven later to brown the skin, corn casserole and a baked sweet potato.

Hope you've had a good day today. What's for dinner at your house?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Tuesday?

Patti I really need to follow your lead! My fridge and freezers need cleaning out so badly, I can not fit anything in there.

Tonight I am making grilled hamburgers

o

I went grocery shopping today with Cheryl, Amber and Alyssa. Lunch was at Chili's. I had the lunch sized salad, fries, and a half hot ham and cheese sandwich. I only ate half the sandwich, the salad, and no fries to speak of. I bought home the quarter of a sandwich and the fries. Only ate the sandwich heated up for supper and a nice bowl of fresh fruit that I bought today. It included, watermelon, cantaloupe, blueberries, strawberries, grapes and fresh pineapple. Then Cheryl and Kevin came to pick up KC and they brought me two boxes of Girl Scout cookies. Of course I had to try the Thin Mints and the Do-si-dos. It has been a long day and I am going to get myself ready for bed soon.

Sue

This post was edited by Marilyn_Sue on Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 17:47

o

Dreary day, but managed to get out and go to Senior Yoga and drive downtown to Nikki's for snapper fingers, spinach and hominy!

o

I was all dressed from a meeting I had today for the opening day of golf and I just decided I was cold and put on my nighties and robe to settle in for the night when all of a sudden I realized I have to play bridge tonight! I made a quick stir fry for me of chicken, zucchini, onions, garlic and a little soy sauce. It was really quite tasty. DH will have some chili and I'm off to play bridge. Good thing I remembered. That would have been embarrassing!

My you got a lot done today Patti. Maybe I'll try to do the same tomorrow.

o

Rotisserie chicken, spicy rice with sage(yum)and Key Largo blend frozen veggies from TJ's. We rarely have dessert and, much to my dismay, trying to cut out bread which is my favorite food.

o

Raven, oh those dreaded leftovers in the frig. Now that I have the bigger frig, I usually can stay on top of it easier, but it kind of got out of control. One good thing about the new frig is nothing gets moldy. At least not to date.

Sue, that fruit sure sounds good. I could probably live on cheese and fruit. I never bring fries home because I just end up throwing them away. I asked at TGI Fridays once if they could just give me half an order and charge me for the whole order (I hate to waste food), but they told me the portions come pre-measured. What a waste. Guess you aren't having a problem with snow on the roads up there. That's a good thing!

Glenda, have you had rain? We sure could use some if you have extra. Your dinner sounds wonderful 'cept for the hominy. ;0

Oh gosh, Georgysmom, that must've given you quite a jolt! I would've been tempted to call in sick!! Once I'm in my jammies, I'm finished. Hope you have a good game tonight.

Jude, I feel your pain. We've tried really hard to cut back (not out) the bread. If we have dessert, it's usually just fruit or a fruit salad. Love the sound of your rice--I bet it is yum! I'm wondering what Key Largo veggies are. I've spent some time in Key Largo but sure don't remember it being noted for vegetables. (But, for sure, the very best lobster chowder I ever, ever tasted.)

o

Had Bobby, Amber and our neighbor Liz over for dinner. We had London broil, salad, baked potatoes and cheese cake for dessert.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here