Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Java Update info 2-1-13

Posted by ravencajun (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 17:22

Accelerated Java Critical Update

Quoting:
"The scheduled February Java critical patch update was accelerated due to active exploitation "in the wild" of one of the vulnerabilities affecting the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) in desktop browsers.

The new Java release is Java� SE Development Kit 7, Update 13 (JDK 7u13), with the full version string for this update release being 1.7.0_13-b20 (where "b" means "build") and the version number is 7u13."

Oracle Java SE Critical Patch Update Advisory - February 2013

Still advisable to just remove java if you can live with out it, if not update and keep it turned off in your browsers till you get to a site you need it, turn it on then right back off, and then be extremely cautious.
If you have any older versions of java on your computer remove them asap because having them on the pc leaves it open to attack.
Why should I uninstall older versions of Java from my system?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Java Update info 2-1-13

Thanks for the reminder RavenCajun. I meant to check on it but kept putting it off. I went ahead and uninstall Java just to be on the safe side.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here