Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's f0r dinner Saturday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 17:07

Brrr--we're in f0r tw0 really c0ld days. The weather says it'll be 28 in the m0rning. We Fl0ridians tend t0 sulk when a c0ld fr0nt c0mes thr0ugh. haha!

It's left0vers here. Chicken/wild rice s0up and Ir0ndale c0rnbread. Yum! And n0 prep inv0lved!!

What are y0u having t0night? And h0w c0ld is it where y0u are?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's f0r dinner Saturday?

brrr is right. Temps are gonna be one of the coldest night's we've had to far and the wind is ferocious!

Mexican for a chicken burrito, but wished I had gotten my usual tamale.

So my car compensated by driving me to Brusters for a cup of key lime pie ice cream.

o

Just put one of our favorite recipes in the oven. Black Beans and Salsa Chicken. Someone posted the recipe here at the Kitchen Table some years ago. I add some mexicorn to it. So easy, so good! Thank you to whomever posted it. Will have a salad and corn chips to go with. Got a mini loaf of cranberry bread from the freezer for a treat later.

o

Glenda, chicken burrit0 s0unds pretty nice, but n0t as g00d as a tamale. D0 l0ve me a tamale (0r tw0). Stay warm, it was windy here t0day als0, and I stayed inside all day!

Gazania, that s0unds delici0us. Y0u have a wh0le meal in 0ne pan!! Enj0y the cranberry bread, t00!

o

Leftover baked rotini and meatballs from my lunch at the restaurant today.

o

I used to make black bean and salsa chicken. Made it again few years ago and everyone loved it. Served it with Spanish rice as a side.

o

Not really sure, guess someone in this house better get started? LOL We had a late lunch, so I'm not starving. We have leftover chicken, so I should be good and use it up.

Gazania, I'd be interested in that Black Bean Salsa chicken recipe. Sounds good!

o

It's 29 degrees here in my part of Ohio right now. Supposed to be in the teens the next two nights. 28 would be VERY cold for FL.

I had split pea soup, a toasted cheese and ham sandwich. Very good for a cold evening.

Shirley

o

just back from town,so its plain old wraps-ham,shredded cheese and lettuce for me-yum!

o

I was suppose to go out for dinner with some lady friends and we were going to a one night showing in town of Beasts from the Southern Wild but weather is predicted to be nasty tonight and we thought better of it. Nothing planned here so I guess I'll have meatloaf again....poor me. LOL (I love meatloaf and I rarely make it so it's a treat here)

o

I made some split pea soup.....first time in YEARS! I also had a hotdog with that. not bad.

o

Glad we're all eating 0ur left0vers! Talking t0 Sch00lh0use, Teresa and Ge0rgysm0m. Isn't it nice n0t having t0 think ab0ut it? Tastes better the sec0nd time anyway, at least t0 me.

Shirley and J0ann must be reading each 0ther's minds. I d0n't make split pea s0up very 0ften but it always s0unds nice and warm!

0nt_gal, enj0y y0ur wrap. I just hate t0 be g0ne and have t0 c0me h0me and c00k. I usually fall back 0n grilled cheese :-)

o

I made a big pot of pea soup, too. Lots of chopped carrots, celery, and onions added to the pot. So yummy!

o

Here ya go teraserva.

Black bean salsa chicken
4 skinless/boneless chicken breast halves
1 can black beans rinsed and drained
1 jar (about 2 cups) your favorite salsa
1 to 2 cups shredded mexican or cheddar cheese
Spread beans in bottom of baking dish (an 8 inch square works well) Arrange chicken on top, then spread salsa evenly over it. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and spread cheese over it. Return to oven for about 5 minutes to melt.
I add about 2 cups of mexicorn to the bean layer to make it a heartier meal for dh who is diabetic. Rice as Glenda said she served with it would be good, but rice sends hubby's blood sugar through the roof. We always enjoy a few of those baked 'Scoops' and a dollop of sour cream with it.

o

we were out and about so we went out to a Mexican restaurant, it was only so so, not one we will visit again.
But
on the way home we had to stop at Kroger and all the Valentines stuff was marked way down, I picked up 2 dozen beautiful roses for $2 a dozen. nice score. I got one a tangerine orange and the other a light peachy orange they look great together.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here