Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Sunday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 17:05

Is everyone geared up for the Oscars? I do want to watch the red carpet part, but I probably won't stay awake that long.

We're having biscuits and sausage gravy tonight. It just sounded good.

What are you having tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Sunday?

Capt D's with two friend's.

They loved it as they haven't been there in a while, but it wasn't up to par as they changed their servings in Senior meals, and I knew the difference.

Cut back from 3 to 2 pieces fish, and fish were lots smaller, and smaller servings of ff, and we got there when they had precooked the fish and was sitting under those warming lamps.

Company was enjoyable :o)

o

I had breakfast with a friend this am so skipped lunch. I got hungry around 3:30 so ate the soup I planned for dinner last night but didn't eat then. Of course by 7 or 7:30 I'll be hungry but my pantry is bare. I hate hate hate going grocery shopping so put it off as long as possible. Satine

o

Glenda, guess everyone's cutting back these days, but that sounds a little extreme. Glad your friends enjoyed it though. I hate to recommend a restaurant and find out others got a bad meal :-(

Satine, I just KNEW we should've gone to Glenda's with Shirley!! Hope you find something to tide you over until tomorrow!

o

We had a flank steak which my family loves, but hubby doesn't care for. We had my sisterfor dinner and it is one of her favorites. Trying to beef her up. Patty, my hubby would love your supper.

o

I was able to get out and about today. Ran some errands, went to see my special needs sister, etc. On my way there, I got some of McDonalds new Fish McBites for the two of us to share right after lunch. They were pretty good.

Then on my way home I remembered that it will soon be time for McDs to stop selling soup, so went back and got some of their good broccoli cheese, and a fish sandwich on special for my evening meal. Loved not having to cook.

Shirley

o

I'm having rice cake, left over from our Lunar New Year 2 weeks ago.

Rice cake is our traditional New Year food. This is normally a very busy time of the year. We often have family and friends dropping by unexpectedly. Most homes would prepare ready-to-eat food and snacks to offer to our guests. Rice cake is one such food.

Also, for centuries, refrigeration didn't exist. We learned to prepare food that would last without refrigeration as it is also the case in many other countries. Rice cake was prepared with this purpose. If prepared correctly, it could last up to 2 weeks or more without refrigeration.

These days, I just divide it and freeze it. Eat it whenever I'm in the mood for. I may just pan fry it which is another way to reheat this type of food.

o

Hubby is out cooking burgers on the grill. Sure smells good. Was a beautiful day today.

o

I had a frozen individual pizza and dh made himself an egg omelet.

o

We shovelled this morning, went for a walk this afternoon around the neighbourhood and through the woods on the community trail. It was so nice and quiet walking on the snow, we could hear the birds singing.

I made roast beef with twice baked potatoes, with horseradish and sour cream, and broccoli for a veggie. Hubby loved it.

o

did frozen lasagna..not my fave brand too spicey, so sort of picked it apart, lol...

i'm doing amazing race...havn't done the oscars in ages...i'll probably flip over during the ads...

o

Pam, you are surely taking good care of your sister. She's lucky to have you. I made enough gravy to feed an army--well, not quite--but I have a good 2 cups leftover. Harry will be happy come breakfast time!

Shirley, we all need a day out of the kitchen now and then. Glad you had a good day.

Ntt_hou, there are so many ways to fix rice and they're all good! I usually make a double batch when I need some for a recipe and freeze it. Comes in sooooo handy!

Raven, another feast at your house. Nothing smells better than beef on the grill.

Clubm, now how in the world did you train your DH to make his own? Have to say I'd love that omelet myself, though.

o

Typical Sunday dinner here-roast beef/gravy,mashed potatoes,peas,spinach,carrots and homemade bread-was excellent!

Then I made some of Glendas homemade eagle brand and made a cheesecake-delish!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here