Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's f0r dinner Sunday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 17:05

It's tuna casser0le here with the rest 0f the c0rn bread. N0t what I'd planned, but I l0sted track 0f time.

What are y0u having f0r dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's f0r dinner Sunday?

Three of us went out after Bible Study to Superior Grill.
I've missed going there all these years..

Gals I went with eat there often as waiter knew what they always ordered.

I had their beef Quesadilla and it was outstanding, perfectly seasoned. Not a place I would go there to eat alone though :o(

Hey patti, you ought to make a cornbread sandwich with your leftover cornbread. I've had one with smoked ham, sliced tomato and onion.

o

You "losted" track of time Patti?? Not only are your o's cute, but your grammar is too!! LOL

Gorgeous, sunny, cold day here. We went out to get a couple of things at some stores, and par for the course, they were out of the items that I wanted. I hate when that happens.

So we came home and I made a pot of spaghetti sauce and settled in to watch golf. So dinner was spaghetti and meat sauce. I have the rest in the freezer.

o

jasdip, this is funny. I have my meat thawing right now to make spaghetti sauce tomorrow.

Tonight, I'm having beef, with potatoes and green beans.

Shirley

o

Sauerkraut and sausage in the crockpot, baked beans, that's about it.

o

What makes it even funnier is that I read it as lost because that's what my mind wanted it to be I guess. It is cold, cold, cold here. I have the heat way up, my silk underwear and a turtle neck and a sweat shirt on and I'm still cold! I have some left over ground beef from when I made meatloaf the other night so we're having hamburgers, macaroni and cheese and a tossed salad. Comfort food on a cold day. the only warmth I'm getting is from watching the golf.

o

Homemade black bean soup, salad.

o

Nice lunch, Glenda. Harry sure likes quesadillas. Can't have the sandwich, Glenda. That bread's perfect just as it is. Yum!

Jasdip, I've l0sted my mind, I tell y0u! Spaghetti s0unds g00d. Wish I'd th0ught 0f it, but I'm using the rest 0f the Mexican rice I made the 0ther night t0 make the tunna cass. H0pefully t0m0rr0w I will have a new keyb0ard. Haven't been able t0 access my e-mail. It d0esn't rec0gnize "Yah00". I bet I have 300 e-mails by n0w. Sigh!

Shirley, did y0u get a l0t 0f sn0w? Y0ur dinner s0unds nice and warming. H0pe y0u stay nice and warm.

Ge0rgysm0m, it was 33 this m0rning at 7:30. D0esn't feel like it's warmed up much. They say it'll get t0 28 t0night. Thankfully, they are wr0ng a l0t. Beef is always c0mf0rt f00d f0r me, anyway.

Yum, H0unds! I haven't made black beans in a l0ng time. I'll have t0 check and see if I have any. S0unds w0nderful.

o

Patti, I didn't even think of you not being able to get into your email.
Next time you do, make a shortcut to the desktop, then it won't be an issue. Not that you'll ever lose your "o" again!

Edited to add... unless you have o's in your password, then even a shortcut won't work!

This post was edited by jasdip on Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 18:09

o

We haven't gotten a lot of snow, Patti, just frequent snowfalls. It's to continue like this for a while. Tomorrow will be about 40 so what we have will melt, then by evening it's to get colder and snow again.

Shirley/OH

o

This evening for our supper I fixed fried cod, mac and cheese, peas, biscuits, lettuce salad and iced tea to drink. It is 25 out right now.

Sue in Central Indiana

o

I cooked a corned beef in the oven with red potatoes, onions, garlic, carrots, and steamed cabbage to go with it. It was perfection yummy good. I usually cook them in the slow cooker but decided to go with the oven today and I have to say it was much more flavorful and cooked perfectly. I might just keep doing it this way.
Beautiful day here today.

o

Roast chicken, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans. I finally found some good green beans and cooked them with garlic and oil and shallots. Southern folks, I know you aren't used to such cold weather but i want to say we may reach 20 below tonight.

o

We had Shrimp Stroganoff Casserole.
And I ate too much!

o

jackie, is the shrimp casserole recipe you use the Velveeta one with broccoli florets?

o

Glenda this is the recipe we like and it's so easy.

1 (8 oz.) pkg. medium egg noodles
1 (8 oz.) carton sour cream
1 (10 oz.)can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 tsp. dried dillweed
1/4 c. sliced green onion
1/4 c. sliced ripe olives (I don't use them)
1 c. (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 lb. frozen peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed (could use diced up cooked chicken)

Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Combine sour cream, soup and dill in a large bowl, mixing well.
Add onion, olives, 1/2 the cheese and shrimp; stir well.
Stir in noodles.

Spoon mixture into a lightly greased shallow 2-quart casserole.
Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover,
sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.

Serves 6-8.

o

Thanks, Jas!

Shirley, glad it's melting. H0pefully, the r0ads will be cleared. I d0n't miss driving in sn0w and ice.

Sue, I have c0d in the freezer. I think it'll be dinner t0m0rr0w!

Jackie, I make that same casser0le. I g0t the recipe fr0m S0uthern Living years ag0. It's even g00d bef0re y0u put the shrimp in and bake it!! ('Cause I tasted it ;-) I think it'd be very g00d with chicken. Have y0u tried it? D0n't have t0 tell y0u t0 enj0y dinner, since I kn0w y0u will!

o

Raven, it was a g00d day t0 have the 0ven 0n--at least here. I really like c0rned beef but have en0ugh in the freezer that I w0n't even have t0 make 0ne f0r St. Patrick's Day.

Pam, what a great meal--a feast really. I'm really s0rry that y0u're having s0 much c0ld weather. -20 is just awful. Stay warm!!

o

YES! Pizza delivered~~and my DD#2's BF home brewed beer;) Life Is Good~~~~

o

Steak on the grill, baked potato and a nice tossed salad. Beautiful weather here today in the low 60's.

o

Thanks for the shrimp recipe, and it sounds delicious!

o

Your welcome Glenda.
I've never made it wirh chicken, I'm sure it would be good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here