Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Funny-bunny use of words ...

Posted by joyfulguy (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 17:04

They were gathering in the activity room here at the library a few evenings ago for some games of euchre.

I went in and, with a straight face, asked whether one would call someone who plays euchre (pronounced "yoo-cur") ...

... a eucharist?

Folks said that they didn't think that to be true.

I said that I guess that one would call the gathering of euchre players a eucharist ... but they didn't think that'd work, either.

Some people can be difficult, at times.

ole joyful

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Funny-bunny use of words ...

When I went to Bible study at church today ...

... I forgot to tell that story!

(For those of you unfamiliar with churchy talk ... the eucharist is another word for holy communion, the sharing of bread and wine (or grape juice, depending on the pedigree of the church that one attends).

Ours is a fairly open congregation - most of them would have got a kick out of hearing a gathering of card players called a "eucharist"!

ole joyfuelled

o

Ole Joyful - I loved your 'eucharist' word play. You're just too clever for some of those folk.

o

haha, love it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here