Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Saturday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 17:02

It's such a pretty day. I've had the doors/windows open. Right now it's 78. I cleaned the kitchen and family room and folded some laundry (towels and stuff) and put that away. Dinner tonight is leftover chili and I'll make some cornbread.

Hope you've had a good day. What's for dinner at your house?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Saturday?

Willard's a newly found bbq spot inside the BP gas station.

Packed, but their service was very very slow.

I had meat only, 4 small ribs, but they were very thick with meat

Eating right now a small baked sweet potato, plain. So good!

o

A question, Glenda: To find new places to go eat, do you go by advertisements, word of mouth, or just happen to see a place that looks interesting to you?

I had a couple of the porcupine balls, a potato, and peas for my evening meal.

Shirley

o

I'll have left over chinese from Thursday (just a little left) and some soup from my freezer. Stayed home today and did NOTHING. I have way too many of those days so tomorrow I'll get out and go someplace. Satine

o

Willard's was mentioned to me by a gal at water aerobics, newly moved to town.

Most places that I frequent are older established restaurants and I know what's served on particular days. Basically home style cooked foods, cafeterias, or meat and 2 or 3. I'm a meat and 1 mainly.

Newer restaurants are by word of mouth.

There's some that I don't feel comfortable going alone, so I wait until someone wants to go with me to eat.

o

Glenda, guess the word got out about the BBQ. Do they have take-out? I think those ribs would be good with the sweet potato.

Shirley, I love peas with just about everything, and your dinner sounds wonderful--again!!

Satine, come down and we'll go shopping :-) I'm needing a day out! We'll do lunch so we don't have to cook--woo hoo! Or, we can meet in B'ham and have lunch with Glenda at one of her "go with friends" places.

o

Beautiful here today too-in the 50's, but really windy. We are having cubed steak, hash browns and tossed salad for dinner tonight and I am making beef stew and whole wheat rolls today for dinner tomorrow. We go to church and it is nice to come home and have dinner all ready and take a nice long nap--supposed to rest on Sunday and having the food all prepared helps with that.

o

tacos at my house...

o

Just finished making an almond raspberry torte with a chocolate ganache for tomorrow night. I also made lemon curd tarts and still have to make some chocolate covered strawberries. The beef stroganoff went over well and there is enough left over for DH tomorrow night while I party. Tonight we're just having some pizza. I went to the freezer to pull out some kind of soup and was going to make a salad to go with it and there was that pizza saying take me, take me. So I did.

o

We're going to grill some shish kabobs.......marinated pork loin, mushrooms, onions, peppers, crookneck and zucchini squash. Brown rice patties on the side.

The coals are about to be lit! I want supper over and cleaned up before Schindler 's List starts at 7:00 (central time).

o

We are trying the new 'Mr Taco' in our area~~hope it is good;) We will be in San Diego, Sunday-Tuesday @the Bahia on Mission Bay DD#1 gifted it to us at Christmas. I am excited, we usually stay more in the downtown area~so it will be different. The weather looks like it will nice for being on the bay;)

o

Hi, Linda--and welcome! You sure have been busy in the kitchen today. But you surely will have a nice day tomorrow. And you're right. It is a day of rest. Speaking of which, I sure could use a nap about now!

Oooh, Cate! Tacos sound so good. On pinterest today I saw some that looked so good. They were filled with a meat/cheese/ refried beans and ? mixed, filled and baked. Wow! But I like the messy kind, myself where everything gets squished out the sides :-)

Geez, Georgysmom, that almond raspberry torte sounds to die for. You sure spoil your friends. Glad you found that pizza, you must be exhausted!

o

Hubby had steak, but my sister and I had whole boiled lobster. Table also had salad and bread, but I didn't bother. We treated my sister because she is waiting on 2 biopsies and very scared. Tomorrow I am following Georgy'smom to make sure her desserts make it safely to her dinner party.

o

Stuffed pepper along with spinach.

o

rhizo:

When you're done watching Schindler's List (I'm taping it to watch tomorrow), would you mind coming back and telling me how you make brown rice patties?

Patti & Satine: I want to join you when you go to Glenda's territory, but I think I'd drive myself nuts trying to decide which of the places I would want to go to.

Shirley

o

Rhizo, hope you're finished in time for the movie. Those kabobs sure sound yummy!

YogaLady, does that mean we won't see your sweet self for a few days? If so, have a wonderful time but if you'll have access I look forward to hearing about your trip--or you can tell us when you get home. Have a wonderful time.

Clubm, everything sounds delish! We just love spinach, but have to watch how much, since Harry takes Coumiden. I see you've been at the Garden Web for a while. Do you post much? I sure hope you plan to in the future!!

Well now, Shirley. That sounds like a plan. Wonder where Glenda will lead us tomorrow? I just love cyber-dreams :-)

Pam, I sure hope your sister has good news from the biopsies. Then you can go back to the same restaurant for a celebration ;0 Don't blame you for skipping the other stuff. I would, too.

o

A bowl of Ramen Noodles and a slice of cherry pie. I really have to get back to healthy eating again.

Speaking of stuffed peppers. Yesterday in the deli case of the town market, they were selling stuffed peppers - ONE HALF of a stuffed pepper for $4.99(!). No, I didn't buy one.

o

I had tilapia Monterey at Rockfish with asparagus and red potatoes but it was really lacking flavor, I should have got the fried catfish as usual.

o

I made Microwave Spinach Quiche again. It was so quick to prepare and tasted good.

o

Gadgets, this is one of those dishes that can be made many different ways. I've used all kinds of leftover rice, veggie, and bean combinations.

Use cold rice that has not been cooked to death. Last night, I added some grated carrots, finely chopped green onion and green peppers. One egg, half cup of panko/flour combination to two cups of rice. Two eggs per three cups. Dust with cornmeal before frying in hot oil. S & P to taste.

After mixing your ingredients of choice.....chill in the fridge for an hour, form into small patties.

Your imagination is the only limit as to spices and added ingredients. You csn even make a sweet version (ala New Orleans style) .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here