Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Games on Facebook

Posted by dedtired (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 16:56

Do you play games on Facebook? Which ones do you like and do you pay to play? I play Words with Friends and Solitaire Blitz. Words is always free but you can only get to a certain level on Solitaire Blitz and then you have to pay. I'd never pay to play a game.

So what do you play? I need some new ones.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Games on Facebook

I play bejewelled and Scrabble, addicted to them

o

How is Scrabble different from Words?

o

I play the Mindjolt games on Facebook. You don't have to pay to play and you can challenge your friends if you want or just play to best your own score.
Kittywhiskers

o

Kitty, which games do you play? There are a lot of them.

o

I play Words With Friends and Scrabble.

Dedtired, the two games are very similar, but the placement of the DW, TL, etc., is different on the two boards. The design of the screen isn't the same either. There are lots of little differences, too. Although with WWF you can hit Play and then decide if you really want to play the word, you can't do that with Scrabble. But you can look the word up in an on-screen dictionary first. (I miss being able to challenge a word.) And when you put your letters down (before clicking Play) it will tell you how many points your move is worth.

The one difference I don't like is that I have to refresh Scrabble all the time. But I do enjoy both games.

o

Thanks, Alisande. I wish WWF would tell you the point value of the word in advance of hitting play. I get frustrated trying out to figure the best move -- although as we all know the highest alue word is not always the best move!

I tried Bejeweled Blitz this morning and I don't get what you are supposed to do.

Are there other word games that are fun and free?

o

dedtired, I play Treasure Hunt: The Barn this is just one of the hidden object games they are all fun and each has 10 levels, I also play Mahjong Connect Jungle,Crazy Quilt Solitaire and Pyramid Solitaire Egypt.
Kittywhiskers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here