Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Monday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 16:55

We're having leftover tuna casserole from last week with crusty rolls and fruit salad. We're under a tornado watch, but have been all day without a drop of rain. Sure wish we'd get the rain and NOT the tornado watch!

What are you having for dinner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Monday?

Did some extra cooking yesterday. We're having homemade vegetable beef soup and bread.

o

Two.25acres, I thought for sure I had vegetable beef soup in the freezer, but I couldn't find it this morning. I'm going to look again, but I think it was just wishful thinking! Enjoy--it sure sounds good

o

We had cheeseburgers and potato salad.

o

My dinner is main meal, noonish.

Nightly is sweet and salty thick oatmeal. That's the way I like it.

We will be under severe wind warnings, later tonight, with damages of trees falling, power outages and lots of rain. Should be gone by morning.

o

Once in a while I buy frozen breaded fish fillets. This time instead of buying one of the 'brands', I got WalMarts brand. Had a couple for supper tonight and liked them better than the brand name. Also baked some sweet potato fries.

Shirley

o

I am making mini individual meatloafs with corn on the cob and fresh strawberries.
I loaded up on the berries at Costco, strawberries, and blackberries, also got some beautiful nectarines, and pineapple, fruit salad coming soon!

o

It's leftover turkey meatballs in a white sauce, pasta, fresh asparagus and sliced tomatoes and cucumbers. I had planned to make fruit salad but got busy and didn't get that done.

o

Pam, sounds like a picnic and that's a good thing! I can't wait for spring.

Glenda, did you venture out today for dinner? We know you--and probably many others--have their larger meal at noonish. It's really better for us to do it that way, but I'm a creature of habit from my working days. Wish I could overcome that! Tomorrow on the Recipes I'm sharing the best darned oatmeal, but you need a crockpot. I tried it out on Harry because his daughter doesn't eat any gluten or daIry. He really liked it, so I'll make it when they come in April. We're under a tornado watch until 8 p.m., so we'd both better batten down the hatches!

Shirley, we like those frozen fish filets, especially the batter-dipped kind. I was in WMart one day on the frozen food aisle and the clerk that was restocking told me the NY Texas toast I was looking at was the very same as the WMart brand--and also told me their frozen vegetables were the same as Birds Eye. We mainly shop at Publix and I much prefer their brand to the name brands.

Raven, aren't we just happy, happy when the fresh fruits are back in season? If there's a knock on your door, don't answer it--it's just us wanting to "share" your dinner!!

o

Mamatoad, you are going to have one happy family. Sounds like another spring-like dinner! Yum!!

o

I thought I would post a picture of the mini meatloaf ready to go into the oven.

I would be happy to share my food with you!

o

Meatloaf, gravy, mashed potatoes and broccoli. Dessert was glazed apple cream pie.

o

OMG, Raven--and I would be so honored to join you.

o

I stayed for Zumba after work & hadn't planned dinner. I stopped by one of our local restaurants and picked up a margarita pizza, then made a salad at home.

o

Raven, that looks awesome.... yUMMM.. Larry is cooking fried wings, milk gravy, baked taters, and fixing a salad and some brussel sprouts for me.... That with yeast rolls hot from the oven...

Dessert will be stawberries n cream again...

Carolyn

o

Homemade minestrone soup with a boatload of veggies, kidney and garbanzo beans. It was so flavorful and spicy.

o

I cooked a leg of lamb this afternoon so we would have some for our trip. Dinner was lamb, steamed rice, curry sauce and green beans.

o

Mild day today, but a storm system is expected to come in tomorrow. Either snow, if it's cold, or a mix of rain and snow if it stays mild.

Tonite was homemade soup from the freezer (I had potato and hubby had cabbage. Roast beef sandwiches to go with it.

o

Too much Oscar night. After I got home, I watched the Red Carpet on E! network. I was up until 1:30 and I had to play bridge today. I really didn't feel like cooking at all when I got home. I finished off the stroganoff and DH made himself a salad.

Pam, I waited and waited for you to show up and accompany me and the desserts, but you never came!

Patti, be careful with the oatmeal. I checked that out for a gluten free friend of mine and the article I read warned against oats saying that some are contaminated with wheat in the processing. You have to make sure the package states that it is gluten free. Just a heads up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here