Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
updates!

Posted by ravencajun (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 16:51

Lots of windows updates have been issued so you likely have either done those are will be very soon hopefully.

But also critical updates for Flash on all browsers, that means if you have firefox you must go with your firefox browser and get the flash update for the NON IE flash then restart the browser, you also must go with IE to get the update for IE and update it also, any browsers you have on the pc must be updated individually with that browser.
Be sure to watch carefully so you uncheck any extras that may appear like toolbars, browsers etc, you don't want those just the update.

Other adobe items need updating also including Air and shockwave.

I will link to Corrine's blog where you will find all the links you need to do these updates.
Remember these are critical security updates!
Another Critical Adobe Update, Includes Flash Player, AIR and Shockwave

and the windows updates info
Microsoft Security Bulletin Release for February 2013

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: updates!

Thanks Raven!

o

How does this affect those of us who have Mac OS but use Firefox browsers in order to get flash? I updated my safari and lost flash for about a week. Yesterday I learned that if I downloaded Firefox I would be able to get it back, so I did, yesterday morning. Do I need to do something else now? Thanks!

o

Hi, jae_tn. You might try this link for your Mac:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Be prepared for an upcoming critical security update for Adobe products. This time Adobe Reader & Acrobat. Mitigation instructions and other info available in the link below. Let's hope Adobe gets the update out quickly but also gets it right!

Here is a link that might be useful: Critical Security Advisory for Adobe Reader/Acrobat

o

Thanks for posting this. I've been having some problems and needed abode updated. But... let me ask, why can't I do it from firefox? I have to go to IE to download most things, FF won't let me open things in email so I have to switch back to IE everytime.

I finally got used to FF & really like it but its so frustrating when you can open things or download anything. Do I need to re-set something? Thanks

o

Have you set firefox as your default browser that sounds like the problem you still have IE as the default browser.
Tools> options> advanced tab> system defaults> always make sure firefox is the default browser needs to be checked

o

I went to Tools> options> advanced tab>...... but there was no... system defaults. It did say somewhere FF was my default and I checked the box that said to warm me if changed. I didn't see anything else I could do
any other ideas?

o

Hi, joann_fla.

What types of things are you trying to open with Firefox from your e-mail? Are you referring to URL links embedded in an e-mail?

I hope the following isn't confusing. It is based on my testing of URLs created in FF and IE. You may be experiencing something similar with subscriptions of forum posts.

When I add a URL to an e-mail in Firefox and do not format it as a URL (click the URL symbol and paste the address), it will not be clickable with either Firefox or IE.

Conversely, pasting the same URL in an e-mail created in IE9 automatically formats as clickable.

o

Anything I receive in email will not open if its a attachment. I have to go to IE and then it will download. I don't know what's wrong.

o

what version of firefox are you using? current is 18.0.2
if that is not what you have go ahead and update to current.

What email program are you using?

o

how do I find the version of FF? I use yahoo for email or aol. It should be new its only been on my pc maybe 3 months.

o

To find the version of FF that you have, click on Help at the top of the page and go down to "About Firefox". It will tell you what version you have. Under Firefox, mine says 18.0.2

Shirley

o

I have the 18.02 also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here