Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Son is home,GGS is in the hospital

Posted by sandiefl (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 16:12

My son is home from the hospital after his back surgery.He is doing well.Jayden,who will be four months old on the 12th was put in the hospital this morning.Has the RSV. Sinus Virus and they want to drain his sinus and hopefully getting his breathing better.Please keep him in your prayers as well as his mother and grandparents.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Son is home,GGS is in the hospital

Will do. He is where he needs to be to get better. My DD(20) had RSV and pneumonia when she was one month old-no lasting effects after spending several days in the hospital. It is worrisome, but the DRs will get him well again,

o

My GGS also had this at 4 months but survived fine. Later he had tubes in his ears and the sinus Dr. did surgery to clean up a very complicated infection that would not respond to meds. He is doing great now, except his is autistic, and the doctors are not sure it is related or not. He is 6, in kindergarten, reads and loves books and doing fantastic.
Will keep your GGS in my prayers

o

I'll say a prayer for both of them.

o

Sandie, I had no idea what RSV was, but I sure felt a lot better after reading Lisa and Marie's responses. Hope that gave you some comfort, too. Still feel bad for poor "mama" with a baby in the hospital and a recouperating hubby at home. What a nightmare!

o

So difficult to have a sick baby like that. You just want to put an impenetrable cocoon around them. Glad your son is home.

o

Prayers continue

o

I'm glad to read your post; I've been wondering about your son's surgery. Boy, they sure don't stay in the hospital long, do they? Hopefully your GGS won't be there long either! :)

o

I'm glad to read your post; I've been wondering about your son's surgery. Boy, they sure don't stay in the hospital long, do they? Hopefully your GGS won't be there long either! :)

o

Thanks for the update Sandie...you all have been on my mind.

Good news about your son. I know you all are worried about your sweet Jayden...I pray he will recover soon.

o

You got it! Glad your son is doing so well!

o

My Jayden was sent home today.His oxygen level is up,but he is still on the breathing machine. They are to watch him closely and take him back if his breathing gets worse.Son went to the ER because he was having trouble breathing.Turns out he has Bronchitus.They gave him a breathing treatment,changed his meds and sent him home.My granddaughter was at the hospital getting an MRI on her knee. She fell this summer while playing basketball and is now having her knee give out on her. I told them that they need to get out of Missouri and get back home. Saying a lot of prayers for them and relatives and all in the NE. It was 80 here today.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here