Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Go Me! (Me-TV that is)

Posted by cynic (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 16:07

Me-TV is apparently the first subchannel to be regarded as a national network by Nielsen Media. They'll begin national TV audience measurement of Me-TV starting this spring. In just two years Me now reaches 87 percent of households nationwide through 141 affiliates, and 28 of those are in the top 30 markets, which is enough to meet Nielsen's policies for reporting it as a national TV network. So far ratings have exceeded corporate expectations which doesn't surprise me in the least. I like this channel and I watch it a lot.

This recognition will mean a lot since it will allow them to seek larger advertisers, hence, higher revenues. The best part of this channel IMO? There's no paid programming! No holy rollers, no infomercials, just classic TV 24 hours a day and some entertaining promos. Good luck Me-TV. Keep up the great work!

Broadcast TV has come a long way since converting to digital. Went through some rough spots but now ironed out for the most part and gaining ground. Cable and satellite? No thanks. Plain old broadcast and the internet serve me just fine. Keep the options coming.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Go Me! (Me-TV that is)

I have Me-TV and also a recent one they call Cozi TV. Some good old shows and movies on them for the most part. I only have outside antenna here, still can't get all the channels,but glad to get what I can.

Sue

o

oh, ME is one of the channels we miss, since we've moved (we don't get it here). Cozi and AnTV are good, too. We have cable--but only the most basic, cheapest plan. Only way to get any reception here.

o

Glad to hear that Me-TV got good recognition. Wouldn't that tell other TV networks something? Seemed to me that TV viewers simply enjoy programs that the whole family can watch and that's what Me-TV and Antenna-TV provide. I am sicken of programs that promote too much sex & violence.

I have both and love both. They keep me entertain 24/7. My only blame is that they bring too much entertainment and have kept me up until wee-wee hours in the morning, LOL.

A few of my favorites are: The Burns & Allen Show (hillariuos), Leave it to Beaver, Jack Benny Program, Bewitched, The Odd Couple, The Phil Silvers Show, Dick Van Dyke Show, MASH, Hogan's Heroes, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Perry Mason, Get Smart, Honey West, Make Room For Daddy.... Oh goodness, too many to list them all out :o)

You know, I have not seen many of these shows because of my age. So, it's like watching them for the first time.

With these channels and the basic locals, why should I pay more for cable or satellite networks? With my roof antenna, I get plenty of entertainment and global news.

I hope these channels never die and continue to be available via OTA.

o

They'll be around as long as they're profitable. I watch MeTV, AntennaTV, the PBS channels and a couple of the local duopoly channels. About the only things I watch on the major networks regularly are Big Bang Theory, Shark Tank and occasionally Supernatural. I made it through the election putting up with very few campaign ads! It was fantastic.

Cozi hasn't been picked up around here. Not sure what to expect from the Movies! channel when they start.

o

I've been watching Me for several months. Unfortunately, their local outlet here broadcasts Me twelve hours a day and infomercials the other twelve. How much Nopalea can I stand?

o

I enjoy the MeTV channel also. Digital is not the be-all, end-all for us though. Some days the signal quality is great, some days there is no signal at all.

I will unabashedly say we enjoy TV. We don't watch it all the time, but there is certainly more viewing in the winter when we have more down time. We have a big package with the movie channels on our satellite. Love it! We work hard, with long hours and this is one of the things we will spend money on for enjoyment. It is so nice to DVR movies and TV shows and watch them when we have time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here