SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bee0hio

Did you know this about printer ink?

bee0hio
11 years ago

Ink jets have an "out date".

My printer stopped printing & gave me an error message that I had the "wrong cartridge". Well I knew it was the RIGHT cartridge, tried to troubleshoot from the manual to no avail. I knew also that I hadn't printed much from that cartridge, & had replaced it not long ago because of the same message.

Knowing that printers are only slightly less expensive than ink jet replacements I figured that I'd just buy a new printer (much as I hate to throw things in the land-fill).

So I checked on line & then decided to stop in at Staples to look over & price compare. A young man Ryan asked if he could help. We got to chatting about the prices & varieties of ink jets & never thinking that he'd be able to help I disclosed that I actually had a problem with my printer giving me an error message. He informed me that often when printers give error messages that it is actually the ink is old/dried up. And it doesn't matter that you might've just recently opened the pkg & replaced it. He showed me the out dates on the outside of the pkg. So instead of buying a new printer, I paid $17 for a new (FRESH) ink jet & voila..... it is back to printing!!

I just contacted Staples & gave a nice "KUDO" for Ryan for his great customer service!

Lesson learned: Always check the dates on your ink jet purchase.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler