Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's the best way to watch the pre-Oscar Red Carpet?

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 15:49

I don't have cable (and often don't have TV reception), so I've never seen the actors arriving on the Red Carpet, etc. This year I'll be watching with friends who have cable. Which channel covers the Red Carpet particularly well? And if you know what time the show starts, I'd appreciate that too.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's the best way to watch the pre-Oscar Red Carpet?

For me it starts at 2:00 (Pacific Coast Time) on ABC. I will also check the Entertainment channel and flip back and forth. It looks like the actual awards show starts at 5:30 Pacific Coast time.

o

I was going to say the best way is in your jammies with a big bowl of popcorn, but since you'll be with company, I guess that isn't such a good idea!

We're on EST and it starts at 5:00 with "On the Red Carpet at the Oscars" and the actual Oscar show starts at 8:30 and ends at 11:00. I only see that it's on ABC. Actually, one channel is plenty, IMHO!

Enjoy watching with friends. Sounds like fun!

o

Okay, so the pre-Oscar show and the Oscars are both on ABC. That's easy! I don't know if I want to get there so early.....maybe 7:00. Ninety minutes of fashion and banter is probably all I can handle anyway. LOL

Patti, yeah, I'll skip the jammies. But I think yoga pants will work.

Thank you both!

o

Red Carpet Countdown starts at 5:00 on the TV Guide channel and at 5:30 Live From The Red Carpet is on E! network and 7:00 on ABC. I like to watch the E! network's red carpet.

o

E channel also covers the Oscars. I think!

o

Thanks--I'll suggest we watch E! (!) :-)

o

E! network does not cover the actual Oscar broadcast, just the RedCarpet part. You will have to switch to ABC to see the Oscars. I'll watch E! and tape ABC because I like to see how the different hosts cover the show. E! will have Ryan Seacrest and ABC I think is having Michael Strahan who has never done it before. It should be fun.

o

When I first saw this post and before I opened and read it, this immediately come to mind. In a beautiful evening dress, jewelry and with a bottle of champagne.

o

Alisande, I should have mentioned that the big stars don't start arriving until 6:30-7:00. So starting at 7:00 is fine. I would recommend flipping between E! and ABC and decide which one you like best.

o

Kris, suddenly my yoga pants don't look so good anymore. LOL

Georgysmom, that's a good idea--I'll do it!

o

Comfort always trumps fashion, but then, I'm a guy.

Ron

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here