SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patti43

I have a problem

patti43
12 years ago

I have a confession to make. I have an addiction and it's really becoming a problem. I hope you will try to understand and not judge me too harshly. It started out simply enough with thinking I could just give it a try, but now I have no control. I realized that today when I printed out 34 recipes this morning--and that was just cake and icing recipes!

I am addicted to recipes and making them. So far I have five 3" binders full of recipes. That may not sound so bad but each page fits about 3 recipes. And I need more binders. I should never had learned to cut and paste. I have to give myself credit for being organized--at least for the moment. Everything is in categories, at least. But I need help badly and I can't ask you. Moi, you say? Yes, you. You my friends, are enablers. You keep posting recipes I just can't resist. And I love reading them and making them. I can't tell Harry or ask for his help because he is an enabler, too. I make one of your recipes and he oohs and aahs all over the place and asks me to make it again. Sigh!

Next thing you know, you'll be seeing me on "Hoarders" surrounded by clippings from newspapers, old magazines I want to try recipes out of, and there are so many that some are tacked to the walls. I can just see this narrow path through the house, the kitchen so full of dirty pots and pans you can hardly see the stove and in the bedroom, just enough room to get in among the recipe boxes, binders, cookie crumbs, empty dishes and stacked up coupons. The kids will refuse to come to the house and eat, but ask we bring the food to their house. (They may be clean, but they ain't dummies.) When I pass away, I'll weigh 400 pounds and the kids will just have the house condemned.

So now you see where my life is headed. Is there a Betty Ford clinic for my problem? What is a formerly normal girl supposed to do?

The above is only half-way tongue-in-cheek. You are all such good cooks and I really appreciate your sharing your recipes. So thank you so much for sharing them.

Comments (31)