Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Get together in Houston

Posted by Nita__AZ (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 14:12

When we had our get together in Houston last October I mentioned that I would be back in the area in March. Would anyone be interested in getting together March 17? I realize it is St. Patty's Day but it is the only weekend day I have. Most of us are not working but I know Zbrat works and loves to come. If not that day I would also have the 18th open. We will be heading to Florida on the 19th. It sure would be great if we could spend some time together.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Get together in Houston

I could do the 18th. Sunday is the last day of rodeo, George Strait!

o

Nita, I'm so glad you remembered. I was going to ask you about it too. I'm open for either day on that weekend.

o

Sure would love to, at this time I have the weekend open.
If you need me to set it up again I will be happy to.

o

Actually the dates are a Sunday (17) and Monday (18). Would there be a problem with having it on Monday since Terilyn can't come on Sunday?

o

For me it might depend on the time and location because I would be coming with my husband and he would have to get home from work. He usually works till pretty late but maybe he can leave early. But I just asked him and he said they were having some deadline due the 19th so that makes me think maybe not. Just don't know at this time. Sunday is fine of course.

o

When you get to Fl give me a call Nita. I will email you my new number. Hope to see you again.

o

I'm open for Monday too if needs to.

o

bumping....

o

Any day is fine with me. We could do it Monday evening if that would work better for Raven.

o

I will just make him take off work if I have to if it is Monday evening. Someone make a decision and then we can decide where and when. So I am open any time day or night Sunday and Monday night if it is not too far away or too early.

o

I wish Houston and Iowa were closer together. I am so ready for a KT party.

o

Any decisions ???

o

Let me call Becca and see if Monday evening works for her.

o

If I need to make reservations somewhere we will need to decide pretty soon.

Do y'all want to go back to the same place Peli Peli or have a preference for type of foods?

Nita you around?

o

The place doesn't matter to me, Raven.

o

Has Nita been here lately? she usually checks in with us and I have not seen her posting lately?

o

I vote for Strata, in the same center, my favorite! Chef John is wonderful. Let me know and I can call and get us a private room.

o

I'm easy. You all decide where & when and I will be there.

o

Hey Ya'll....I am just now seeing this post. I look SO forward to these get togethers!! I can take off work a bit early on Monday to see all of you wonderful peeps. Strata is a cool place and I am good with meeting there. Somebody just tell me a time and I will be there!! HUGS are in order, OK? Nita, Marilyn, Raven, NTT, Terilyn...anyone else in the Houston/Spring area wanna meet up? Early evening works for me! Can't wait to see you all again........Zbrat ;)

o

Sounds good terilyn if you want to do that would be great. I have never been there.

It's going to totally be dependent on my husband but I have been telling him I said we are going, see what happens.

Has anyone heard from Nita, are they on the road right now?

o

I need a time.

o

for me to be possible 7-7:30 would probably be the earliest on the Monday so he can get home from work.

o

That would be a good time for me too, because I can get my animals fed before I leave....plus, the traffic will have thinned out between here (towards Galveston) and Houston.

o

Ok, I will call and make the arrangements!

o

What time do they close on Monday's, Teri?

o

According to the website 9pm.

o

That's what I was thinking. Maybe we ought to try to get there around 7.

o

Here I am, have been busy trying to get things ready to leave on Thursday morning.

You gals tell us a place and time and Marilyn and I will be there. If you are going to meet at a different place I need an address.

There is someone else who posts here, houstonmom, but she hasn't replied. I was hoping that she would be able to come.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

o

I have it set for Strata at 7, Nita, it is in Vintage Park, same as Peli Peli. Faces Louetta Road.

o

Don't forget to take pictures!!!

o

bump for a reminder!!
Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

o

I'm glad you bumped it up, thanks.

Yes, see everyone around 7:00 pm at the Strata in Village Park on Monday.

o

We had a wonderful time with wonderful people and a wonderful meal.
It was just great seeing everyone again. We already have the plans for next year in the making.

Thanks y'all for a very enjoyable evening!

o

I too enjoyed our meeting. It was fun and great to see everyone again. I must say, this is a genuine friendly group. I too looking forward to meet next time. I hope we get to do this at least every 6 months or less.

Ooops, we forgot to take pictures. We were too busy chatting, eating and laughing :)

Next year, we need to drag Ravencajun and her DH to the Rodeo! It's such a big and fun event. Living in Houston, she needs to experience it at least once.

o

I agree!!!

o

Becca and Teri got Mike, Nita's husband, to take pics of them, Nita and me. We were the last ones to leave. Anyway, I told them I would post them for them, if they put them up on their FB page, but so far, they haven't.

It was a lot of fun to see everyone again....and I look forward to the next time!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here