SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oklamoni

Just don't take NO for an answer!

OklaMoni
11 years ago

As some of you know, I have been having major issues with my fridge/freezer combo.

It wouldn't keep both the fridge and the freezer at optimum temperature. My unit had only one temperature control.

Since I knew, ultimately I would have to replace it, I bought a replacement late last month, while the local appliance warehouse had "just what I wanted" on sale.

This unit sat in my back room ever since, while the other was still being "serviced". All service did not change the problem.

Today I swapped the units out, and once Mel came over we loaded the "dud" in his pickup, and took it back where it came from.

The service department lady called the manager on duty, and she came... and told me, no, we can't do anything for you.

I stated, this wasn't an option for me, as I could not leave with the fridge (Mel was waiting for me out in the truck) nor could I leave without any money back.

She said, she couldn't approve money back.

I asked to speak with the store manager.

Store manage told me, if I had bought an extended warranty there would be no problem. I countered, if he sold items in good working order, an extended warranty would not be necessary, and told him, I used to work here, and I know all about extended warranties (IMHO they just pad the stores registers).

I also told him, I could not walk out without money back.

Long story shortened... I did walk out with a store credit card, for the WHOLE amount of my purchase price.

I took Mel out for lunch for his help, and here I am... all :)

Moni

Comments (14)