Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anybody watching American Idol?

Posted by lydia1959 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 13:35

I'm loving all 3 of the judges..Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr.

I was kind of worried about the top 20 the judges chose... most all of them were fantastic singers.. but a lot of them sounded just like the popular singers that are already on the charts. Boring. America picked the top 10 right though! A super diverse group.. most are very unique in their sound. I wouldn't have picked any differently. The judges wildcards (3 additional) were good picks too... although I don't like Kristin.

I'm really looking forward to this year! If you've given up on Idol, take another look.. I think you may be pleasantly surprised. The voting rules have changed too thankfully! 50 votes per computer, smart phone, whatever.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here are the top 13!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody watching American Idol?

I have been watching so far. I like the judges and love that Harry will tell it like it is and not sugar coat it, he really gives very constructive criticism which could help them if they listen.

I like several of the top picks but not all. I don't think Kristin O' Conner should have got that last wild card. There was one of the guys that was much better than her. He is a little bit country. I am glad that 2 of the country boys made it in.

I like Ben, CJ, Caleb, Dexter, MK, Alex and Sam as my top.

o

I started watching again this year. Honestly, when Fantasia won that year, I quit watching. What a travesty that was. Anyhow.......I really like the line up of judges. Harry Connick does tell it like it is. I loved it when he said, you gotta lay off the runs, especially when you're bad at them. I got soooo sick of the "'screaming" that they called singing...and the runs....ugh, stick a fork in my eye. I would much prefer to hear a singer hit a big note at the end, and hold it. I think that's much harder than those extremely overused runs.

I don't think Malaya should have made it through. I picked every single guy right. I think the tall girl, with the gap in her teeth should have made it over Malaya.

Caleb is my fav guy to win. The girls, hmmmm, I like Jena and MK.

o

I had planned to watch it. I took a break from the show when Jennifer Lopez left, and when I heard she was coming back with Connick and Urban it sounded good. But I lost track of when it was on, so I didn't see the beginning. And then we had the Olympics.

So I still haven't seen it. And The Voice starts on Monday. I love The Voice! Guess this is not my year for American Idol. But if you post updates, Lydia, I'll read them! :-)

o

Alisande... AI is on Wednesdays and Thursdays this year so you can still watch it! If you love 'The Voice', you'll surely love AI's top 13... they were definitely picked for their voices and not their looks (see link below.. not too many 'pretty' ones in the bunch).

Jennifer and Keith are great judges.. Harry says what he thinks and he can be so funny too. They don't always agree with each other.. but there's no bickering/fighting like last year's mess with Mariah and Nicki.

Here is a link that might be useful: Top 13 American Idol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here