Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How's this for a product endorsement?

Posted by rhizo_1 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 13:35

I had an appointment with my gastroenterologist and was able to report that my very troublesome tummy and digestive symptoms seem to have become resolved....in a matter of a few weeks and without medications. My blood pressure was also the best it has been in years. 110/70

My blood sugar has dropped to healthy levels, too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How's this for a product endorsement?

So, what's the product? lol

o

For those of you who are not mind readers (lol), I'm talking about the Nutri Bullet.

o

Good for you! I'm a firm believer that nature provides everything we need to resist disease and thrive. We just don't eat nearly enough of it! Plus all the nasty "extras" we eat (sugars, chemicals, preservatives, dairy) that the body doesn't know how to handle that end up making us weak and sick.

I love hearing success stories.

o

OH that is wonderful! I am hoping for those kinds of results using our smoothie regimen. I have been sticking to it but my husband is not crazy about them so he skips some days.
I really enjoy the smoothies. I have the Ninja and really like it too.

Way to GO rhizo!!!
See with out all the talk here about smoothies and the various machines to make them I would never have thought to try this.
Thanks!

o

I call mine 'green sludgies '. Looks horrid but once you get a whiff of how good it smells, you know the stuff is going to taste great, too.

o

What do you put in them, Rhizo? Sorry, you probably explained in another thread, but I missed it. Or I've forgotten. Either is possible.

o

Good for you Rhizo! If I could stop consuming so much sugar I know I would be better off! Because of you ladies I push myself on some little changes but I am sadly lacking in will power.

o

I use a combination of things in the sludgies. I always start with a couple of big handfuls of a dark green something....baby spinach, kale, beet greens, mixed spring greens, broccoli, etc. Then, a whole banana for flavor and creaminess, a whole cored apple, chunks of fresh pineapple, fresh or frozen berries, frozen mixed fruit, and on and on! We also add chia seeds, ground flax seed, walnuts, or almonds.

The food options are pretty much endless; even legumes, avocado, tomatoes, and many others are possible options.

Aside from those greens, I love an apple, fresh pineapple, and one other fruit. I'll use water, soy milk, or almond milk for the required liquid. A big dollop of greek yogurt, too. The bullet pulverizes everything so finely that it is very easy to drink.

These green sludgies have changed my whole attitude about food ; can't really explain why.

o
RE: How's this for a product endorsement 2

I use a combination of things in the sludgies. I always start with a couple of big handfuls of a dark green something....baby spinach, kale, beet greens, mixed spring greens, broccoli, etc. Then, a whole banana for flavor and creaminess, a whole cored apple, chunks of fresh pineapple, fresh or frozen berries, frozen mixed fruit, and on and on! We also add chia seeds, ground flax seed, walnuts, or almonds.

The food options are pretty much endless; even legumes, avocado, tomatoes, and many others are possible options.

Aside from those greens, I love an apple, fresh pineapple, and one other fruit. I'll use water, soy milk, or almond milk for the required liquid. A big dollop of greek yogurt, too. The bullet pulverizes everything so finely that it is very easy to drink.

These green sludgies have changed my whole attitude about food ; can't really explain why.

o

just google green monster smoothies there's tons of info and recipes.

I generally add almond milk, banana, flax powder, pumpkin seed granola, fresh berries, pineapple,Greek yogurt, spinach or kale, protein powder, peaches, and of course ice, I vary between those ingredients mostly. I like to experiment. Things I didn't like pears, mandarin oranges, coconut milk canned, coffee.
I have a few different types of granola I tried, some stay too chewy.
They really are good. I am not a breakfast person it's difficult for me to think of eating in the morning but I can drink a smoothie.

o

very cool! Do you use them as a meal replacement? Have this instead of lunch or breakfast? Is it filling?

o

I use mine to replace breakfast. I find it to be filling, but often reach for a few raw almonds in the late morning. If I were to replace lunch, as well as breakfast, I'd add a protein powder.

One thing that these drinks do for me is to put me in a very good mindset to avoid unhealthy foods entirely. Not only avoid those foods, but I have a craving for the flavors and textures of wholesome, healthy foods. Does that make sense?

o

I made one today that was so good, it had organic baby spinach, fresh blueberries,a banana, flax powder, a tiny bit of oat granola, my diet protein powder, and Greek yogurt, plus ice, it was super thick, maybe the best yet. the blueberries made the color not as green it was kinda pretty. I could have drank another one!

o

It makes sense to me. My guess is that when we make that mental shift to eating for good--that is, feeding our bodies for the purpose of actually fueling them, making them work better and last longer--unhealthy foods that simply taste good lose their appeal. At least that's the way I feel about eating.

o

Another thing that really works for gastro issues: kefir. I just started brewing the stuff myself and it is wonderful! You can also use it in many ways--drinks, baked goods, etc.

o

Thanks for the info. My teen daughter was a vegan eater for about a year. She ate only fruits and vegetables and soy products, no sugar or animal products. She lost about 30 pounds. She went to the doctor and was very anemic, so she gave up and went back to normal eating. Tho she prefers chicken and fish to beef now.

o

Fruit and veggie smoothies haven't done anything for my BP and blood sugar yet, but they have very much improved my reflux issues. We have smoothies for breakfast every morning and today, we had orange-pear-banana-spinach-hazelnut-yogurt-flax-cinnamon-water ones. :o) Sounds weird, but tasted delicious. In an effort to lower BP, I've made apple-parsley-celery-water smoothies for myself in the afternoons for the past few days. Again, sounds strange, but tastes very "green" and delicious.

Jannie, from what I've read, you can't get B12 from plant sources, so for vegans it's important to incorporate supplements or nutritional yeast to prevent anemia. Maybe that's what caused her problem?

o

Your posts are inspiring to me, but I now have to take a blood thinner and one of the "Don'ts" about eating is don't eat dark green vegetables--like spinach, broccoli, kale, brussel sprouts, even dark leaf lettuces. Could smoothies work well with just all the other stuff that was mentioned?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here