SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

If you like brownies, this is for you!

Jasdip
10 years ago

Last week I posted a Brownie recipe on the weekly thread. Yesterday I made them.

I've never made brownies before, and these are the kind of brownie that I like. Chewy, nutty and not too sweet. I baked them for 35 minutes.

Bittersweet Cocoa Brownies (Fine Cooking)

2-1/4 oz. (3/4 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
1-1/3 cups granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. table salt
5 oz. (10 Tbs.) hot melted unsalted butter
2 cold large eggs
1-1/2 oz. (1/3 cup) all-purpose flour
1 cup broken walnut or pecan pieces (optional)
Heat the oven to 325F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan (preferably metal) with foil across the bottom and up two opposite sides of the pan.

In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix the cocoa, sugar, vanilla, salt, and hot melted butter with a hand mixer or with vigorous strokes of a whisk. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until the batter is thick and lightened in color, 1 to 2 min. Add the flour and stir with a rubber spatula just until blended. Fold in the nuts, if using. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake until the top is puffed and slightly crusted and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a little fudge batter clinging to it, 28 to 30 min.

Let the brownies cool completely in the pan on a rack. Lift the ends of the foil to remove them. Invert the brownies on a tray and peel off the foil. Instead of cutting into squares right away, wait until the next day to cut.

Comment (1)