Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I know it's probably just a cold, but...

Posted by pammyfay (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 13:16

... how long does it usually take to know if it's really the flu? I have just a clogged nose, scratchy throat (that was the first symptom, Thursday evening), little bit of tiredness -- no aches, no vomiting. I was on a plane Monday, so I'm sure other peoples' germs just swamped me. I am crossing my fingers after hearing some of the flu sufferers' stories here!

I did get a flu shot this year.

Advil PM is helping me sleep just fine.
Last cold, in March, I took Advil cold & cough, I believe.
I might go get some Nyquil today instead.

2 containers of chicken taco soup in the freezer -- glad they're there!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I know it's probably just a cold, but...

If you can get your doctor to call in tamiflu for you that would be a good idea it will help only if caught in the very first days. If you were on a plane your chances are high it is the flu. I have heard early use of zicam is helpful also.

o

No fever, no aches, sounds like a cold, which you also catch by being in close contact with people on a plane.

o

I agree about it probably being a cold.

(And to help you feel better, earlier).

o j

o

If you had the flu, you would know it. It hits you hard and takes you down. I had the flu once, when I was in my thirties, and was in the hospital for a week. No doubting what I had. And I am healthy as a horse. Hope your cold goes away soon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here