SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shelgal_gw

Followup to "Besides KT"

Shelgal
10 years ago

What are some of the message boards you follow OUTSIDE OF KT/Garden Web? Do you have any interesting discussion boards that you visit regularly on other sites?

Comments (12)

• socks
    10 years ago

Once in a while--Hot topics, Books, CA gardening.

• redcurls
    10 years ago

I like Consumerist dot com, especially the comments. Same for Elliott dot ORG...notice it is NOT dot com...and I also enjoy the QVC Community Boards. I haven't actually bought anything from QVC in probably 15 years, but I enjoy their boards.

• OklaMoni
    10 years ago

None, but I participate in several bicycling email forums.

Moni

• chisue
    10 years ago

As I said in the prior thread: I spend *too much* time on TripAdvisor Hawaii Forums. It would be interesting to see what other sites the KT folks frequent.

• eccentric
    10 years ago

Lately and for a reason - FlyerTalk and RedFlagDeals.com (just the Personal Finance and Travel forums as a rule - both for the same one reason. Oh, RedFlagDeals also has a Pet forum. I also lurk on our dog's breed specific forum just to check out the latest in what to watch our for. The board is quite slow now compared to 10 years ago when we adopted our little fuzzbutt (many people post on Facebook - I don't) - but it is a wealth of information due to the search function. I also check out the few TV programs that I can stand to watch these days - on Television Without Pity. We do not get all of the programs in Canada - or we get them later so I follow up to see what happened.

• Jasdip
    10 years ago

I just lurked at one of our Canadian magazine forums. I found the members there much less prone to help out with recipes, and quick to slam other members. If someone asked for a rib and bbq sauce recipe, for example, they would tell you to just use the Search engine, instead of posting their recipes.

Anyway, as of January these particular forums has been discontinued, and taken down. They are only on Twitter and FaceBook and said that un-moderated forums are ancient history and dated.

• lindaohnowga
    10 years ago

Being a crafter, I spend a lot of my time at Hugsisters, Craftsayings.com and Craft Exchange Friends both on Voy, HGTV Holiday, plus a private forum. And since I love making cards, I go to Circle of Crafters and World of Crafters.

• JoAnn_Fla
    10 years ago

I go to Daily Strength, its a board for Widows and Widowers, just for talking about their grief (not dating).

• heather_on
    10 years ago

Craftster is another craft forum.

• Tally
    10 years ago

Various groups on Facebook.

• YogaLady1948
    10 years ago

I am on Face Book the most, I go on a Sister Wives page that is crazy funny to read how much they all hate the show but can not stop watching. I also go on a lot of the healing and spiritual sites~~FB pages can be just like here with people talking back and forth about things. I also look for cute animal picture sites to 'like' on FB. When I watch DGD we sit for hours and look at all the cute and crazy animals there are.

I love to go on Amazon and looked at everything in the world you can buy.

I also go to several yoga and ayurvedic sites and blogs.

• patti43
    10 years ago

Taste of Home has forums. They're listed under the heading "Community". I just lurk--I know, shame on me! Jasdip, they have one for Canadia, too. I like it better than some of the others. These just aren't for recipes--but chatting mostly.

If you search "Pinterest Food and Drink" you get pages of pretty food pictures. Click on one, the click again and that blog/website will come up. Hopefully, and most of the time, with the recipe. Plus I love reading people's blogs!

For a ton of recipes, try Recipelink.com. Back in the '90's there was a really active chat board and we had a lot of fun, but it's pretty much gone now. But if you're looking for an older recipe, that's the place to go!

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022