Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
$1 Menu's??

Posted by happy_go_lucky_gayle (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 25, 09 at 12:59

I'm so pleased that fast foods are offering $1 Menu Items. Not the healthiest things, but great size for a quick bite. $1.00 Hamburger and Chicken Tendar Sandwich at Sonic is awesome. Just the right size.

I saw that KFC has $1.00 items also. Haven't tried it though. Of course, 2 Tacos for $1.00 at Jack n Box (my Fav).

I was wondering why I saw so many teens at Sonic after school.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: $1 Menu's??

I ordered a .99 cent soft taco at Taco Bell yesterday. But I ordered a "chicken" soft taco and they tacked another .80 cents on. Not a big deal, but they should let you know that. And the meat was just dry...I hadn't had one in ages and was soooooo looking forward to that taco.

o

Double stack at wendys for 99, good for a quick bite.

o

Any time I shop at WalMart I check out and then get a McD's $1 chicken sandwich to go. That is my dinner when I get home, tired and hungry.

Sue

o

On our busiest evenings, I'll go through a drive-thru and pick up a few $1 chicken sandwiches and a few $1 burgers, bring them home and put out some fresh fruit/vegies, some chips, and that's a family dinner with no mess, no fuss, and everyone's happy. Or I'll pack the fruit and chips and water bottles to go with us, go through for the sandwiches, and eat between practices on a picnic table or in the van.

Love the dollar menues!

o
lol!

I'm surpose to make sandwiches for Habitat this Saturday. I thinking about just buy 20-$1.00 items at a Fast Food Place. LOL! Do you think that is tacky?

o

Gayle, if you ask, they might donate them. Call ahead, you'll have to get a manager, tell them what you want them and why. If you get a no, try somewhere else.

My mom does PR for a fast food chain, and she gets requests like that all time. That is so small compared to some of what she hears, they might say yes easy. Our PTA gets stuff like that donated often. I planned a volunteer work day (actually 3 of them), and a couple places donated food to feed the volunteers lunch. Couple others sold it to me at a discount.

o

I really like Sonics buck burger!! Loaded with stuff and juicy!

o

if you take one of Wendy's $1 bacon cheeseburgers apart on a plate yoi get a small lettuce w/bacon salad a nice hamburger steak and a roll almost looks like asmall dinner plate

o
RE: $ about Sonic

every time we drive by Sonic it is packed. going to stop and order one of these days

o

I love Sonic!!! My hubby isn't a big Sonic fan, so he avoids even driving close by because he knows I will want to stop. My favorite, although not on the $1 menu is their chili cheese dog with mustard and onions. I always pair that up with a Diet Coke and ask them to add their vanilla. So...can you tell how healthy my eating habits are???

o

I heard a few weeks ago on TV that as our paychecks and retirement accounts shrink, our waistlines will grow because of the $1 meals. We don't live or work in town, so I don't partake in much fast food. Doesn't matter...my waistline grows just fine at home. LOL!

o

I had no idea all of these places have dollar menus. I may try a few......

Trin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here