Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thank you, Progresso Soups!

Posted by moonie_57 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 22, 13 at 12:39

Finally, a soup that my DH actually likes! And will eat and say how good it is! Yaaay!

Sometimes after a long day, who wants to cook? I really like for DH to have a good hearty meal so have tried a variety of easy to prepare foods. Unfortunately, he seems to have a much more developed palate than I do and does not like anything that falls under the category of processed/prepared/ready to eat. Until now. He has eaten 3 different varieties over the last couple of weeks and liked them all.

Life is good! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thank you, Progresso Soups!

I eat their Lentil one for a quick meal~~I like it;)

o

I was gonna say I used to eat their Chicken and Sausage Gumbo, and suggest it, but then I noticed the sodium content is rather high. Does taste good though!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: this review agrees with me to a T

o

Dollar Tree sells them for $1!

o

I like the light progresso soups...especially the santa fe chicken, I am doing weight watchers, and the points are low...I have never found them at the dollar store...Wow would love that! I watch and stock up when they are on sale..

o

I like a few of them but the chicken soups all have a weird taste to me....

o

I had a bag of Shore Lunch chicken Noodle in the cupboard. I made it the other night. It was horrible. I think it was the tumeric in it that was too spicy for us. I don't understand why they think they have to put that much in there. I am writing to the company and see if I can get my money back. We couldn't eat it and there was no salvaging it.

o

Not to sound like a soup snob, but I've never met a canned soup I liked. They taste tinny and the sodium is horrific.

o

Juellie, I also much prefer my own home made soups. I just make big batches, and freeze left over soup in single servings for later quick meals.

Moni

o

I agree. Canned soup always tastes like the can, except condensed soups,which just taste awful.

o

I'm not crazy about their soups, but they do make several gluten free soups that DH really likes and can eat. Even GF Cream of Mushroom that I can use for Golfers' Stew :-)

o

I agree, do not like canned soup but Progresso's chicken noodle with the big curly noodles is ok, been awhile since I had some tho. Canned soups are good to keep in the cupboard for when power outages occur.

o

I just cannot justify the sodium content in these soups. The (so called) lite, healthy, or low sodium versions are only a little bit better, BUT they add a lot of potassium chloride to replace the sodium chloride and I am one of the many who cannot tolerate the taste and after taste of that salt substitute.

So, I don't have any canned soups anymore. But, Robert always picks some out that he likes, in case he wants some for a quick supper and I haven't made anything. He really likes some of them.

o

"...a soup snob..." LOL

DH and I had the salt content discussion today but now that I've found that he likes them and will happily eat them, I am not going to let salt stop me! :)

I have only eaten the soup twice and so far I have not noticed the can taste like some soups have. Maybe I will now, though. Gee, thanks. LOL

o

A little OT but I had to laugh when I sat down here and opened this thread again. For supper I had a bowl of Ramen Noodles. Nope, no sodium there. ha

o

lol, sorry moonie! To each their own, right? :) I wish I did like canned soup; it would save me a lot of time! I still prefer a cozy winter afternoon making soup!

o

I do love my own home made soup :-) But I grew up on canned soup so I like that too. We don't eat it often because of the sodium content though. Only when a super quick meal is needed, then we usually split a can.

o

It is so nice to be able to have a hot meal very quickly! Sometimes I might pour the beef vegetable over rice or noodles for DH. So I usually have a few cans in the pantry, or even gasp frozen pizzas! Once in a while is fine.

o

I so enjoy Campbells bean and bacon soup, plus their New England clam chowder.

No can taste to me! Ever!

o

I am home sick. No canned soup for me. I did a quick run to the store this morning, to get some food stuffs, and made some chicken noodle soup for lunch.

Sure wish, I had replenished my frozen supply since I was last sick.

Moni

o

glenda - I also like the bean with bacon but only about a third of the can, and then I don't like it reheated, so I seldom have it.

I had the chicken and corn chowder this evening and liked it, too. DH is preferring the vegetable beef, which at this rate he will soon grow tired of it. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here