Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Getting My Mojo Back

Posted by samkaren (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 12:37

When my DH and I separated I packed away all my art supplies and brought them with me to my new place. They sat in the closet because I just didn't have the desire to create. Every time I looked at them I thought "maybe next week."

I finally got most of my supplies unpacked last weekend and today I started working on a painting. After nearly 3 months I feel a slight urge to create again. I'm not 100% yet but at least it is a start.

SamKaren
your resident DJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Getting My Mojo Back

That's a good start! Healing takes time. I'm rooting for you!

o

That's a wonderful outlet. You are lucky to have that talent!! Good for you!!

o

Of course you're not a 100% yet, but it sounds to me like you're on the right track. Good for you.

o

Proud of you, sister!

o

I'm very proud of you!! You rock, girl!

I can't wait to see pictures of your new creations....

o

The more we move into spring, and the weather perks up~~ the more you will grow into your new life and feel refreshed~~

o

One day at a time and maybe if you start with something completely different the ideas will come sooner--that is if are doing water colors, try charcoal, sketching, even using photos. I have some old calendars that I hope to use in scrapbooking--someday or find someone who will. I wish you the best and even if you start one project with one idea and one color ideas will just pop out.
As I sit here after completly torn up my room and rearranging it. Now I will never find anything.

o

Took your advice to start something new. Went and bought some yarn and I am going to make a new afghan for my bed. Got black, dark red, yellow and beige. Also it will go with the new bedspread and pillow cases I bought.

I called my sister tonight but she wasn't home. Talked to my BIL for an hour. It felt good to talk to him....he reminded me of my talent and not to let what was happening distract me from my creative outlets. When I hung up I went and got my painting out.

Feeling a little better everyday.

SamKaren
your resident DJ

o

Good for you. Now you can make some paintings for your wall to match your new colors. Those are great upbeat jump off the wall colors See--what happens when you ask for ideas?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here