SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

A conversation about Versed

chisue
12 years ago

Susan (alisande) posted recently about memory loss connected to the medical use of Versed prior to anesthesia.

The DD of aging parents told me she is concerned that her father is rapidly becoming senile. He had esophogeal cancer surgery and must have endoscopies every six months now to monitor his condition.

I asked his DD if she was aware that Versed could be contributing to his rather sudden loss of ability to find his way while driving. She hadn't made the connection, but said that *she* has had a bad reaction to the drug. Her MD told her to state on medical forms that she is "allergic" to Versed.

I plan to list Versed on my own 'allergic to' medical record. There are evidently several other alternatives that do not have these complications. If you want to avoid Versed you need to arrange for an alternative in advance of a procedure. Stating you are *allergic* to it should give the hospital pause!

This is of general concern because Versed is among the drugs administered prior to colonoscopies -- something we are all urged to have at regular intervals.

Comments (36)