Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Changes here . . . .

Posted by Sue-va (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 12:06

I was surprised to see the changes here. I did see the note as soon as a I opened the site, but maybe a little notice a day or two ago might have prepared us for it.

How the site appears to you depends on which browser you use, and each one has helps for you use to make changes. I use Firefox and it looks odd, and I changed the font size to suit my vision, so it is okay. I think it looks like an old typewritten page from back in the day.

Questions: has the Gallery option always been there, and I just haven't noticed it? Several forums have that. This one is so outdated, don't know if it serves any purpose. And what is the purpose of the empty box up top?

I guess the reason for the changes is financial. Domains are super expensive, And way back, some of us were happy to pay for GW.

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Changes here . . . .

I hate being the only one to love the new look. It really does look more modern and updated.....Change is always hard to deal with..I just use the control key and the scroll wheel on my mouse to change the size of the font. Isn't there any one else who likes this look?????

o

I like it.

o

I like it just fine. I always prefer reading sans serif fonts on a screen and I like that the whole thing is centered on my screen rather than being off to the left.

o

Well, as I stated earlier.....I dislike it a lot! I've opened it in chrome now, it's larger and left justified, but NOW I GET ADS, which I didn't with IE (got adbloc). I'm never going to be happy with this change, I fear!

o

It's ok now that i found kitchen table but i really had to search to find it. I put it in my favorites so it will be easy to find.

o

Phyllis, AdBlock works with Chrome. Install it, and you won't get the ads.

o

LOVE the new look.
Change, or die.

o

I like it a lot, it is more modern and up to date~~~Change is good;)

o

I like it too. Much easier to read.

For you who like Chrome and are getting ads, here's a link for Adblock plus. Download from Chrome browser.

Here is a link that might be useful: Adblock plus

o

If they wouldn't use the pastel fonts it could be great I cant even buy magaines anymore they think it is easy to read light blue or pink or yellow they did stop the center justification

o

Seems a tad 'clutered' to me, but I can live with it. I'd guess they are going after 'fresh'.

o

After posting this, I went to CompHelp and found that Raven had posted about making changes on the site. I use Firefox so I'm copying that one. I'm sure she won't mind if I post it here. In Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Content and click on Colors button. Select grey for the "Background", and clear the checkboxes near "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above" and "Use system colours." Click ok.

I changed my background to a darker grey, and chose Comic sans for my font. I like it better now.

Sue

o

I don't mind at all I also listed some add ons for Firefox that allow you to change colors and fonts, with those you can choose to change just one site others individually, or globally.

color that site, stylish, no squint are add ons to check out.

o

Find it very hard to read the titles in the light fonts.

o

Looks very good to me, I can read the blue titles just fine.I think it looks more fresh an updated.

o

Using Opera the only difference I see is the junk at the top. I still use fit-to-width and the sizing fills the screen from where the ads were. No font color changes here.

I opened it up in Firefox and Chrome to see what others are seeing. I imagine some will like it and some won't. I'm not impressed. To me, form should follow function. They're going the way of so many that want to make it "pretty" before making it functional.

o

If they would just change the screen color. Even to the light green used on the background, instead of this stark white. Too hard on eyes.

o

More changes on the way. GW has been listening. Read the update called An exciting update from Gardenweb, at the top of the page. They have been reading our suggestions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here