SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msmagoo

Changes at 49? Help! xpost

msmagoo
11 years ago

I work in the financial services field and am so burnt out I don't know what to do. Also, the company has made some significant changes (closing an office), managerial changes so I don't feel like I have a future. All upper management are now male, previous management was pushed out and forced to retire. I know I need to change and although we could probably cut back so that I could quit, I have a soon to be senior in high school and don't know if i want to stay home full time.
I don't have a degree, but have worked my way up to a middle management job with this company. Believe me, I have taken all the job training offered and feel like I have had to work twice as hard on a stressful job for 20+ years to get the promotions.
Thing is because I don't have the degreeand although I would like to change to a less stressful and better environment, but feel like I am worth more that an entry level/minimum wage job. That to me, feels like starting over.
The other thing I have thought about is going back to school to get an AAS degree in the medical field(Phys Ther Asst, Dental Hygiene, etc) My oldest DD works in the OT field, makes a good salary w/flexible hours and for the most part likes it.
Has anyone had a similar experience? How did you make the decision to change/and or stay? I have a difficult time making a decision anyway and at 49, it is scary to me.
Thank you for any help/comments/experience you all can give!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler