Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mens pants-pocket repair....

Posted by jannaz (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 15, 10 at 12:00

Does anyone here know where on line to find those replacement pockets you can get to fix men's pants pockets? You cut away most of the damaged pocket, then attach the new one with a hot iron (and I always sew it, afterward).

I used to find them in ACCO (ARCO?) stores, but so many of those stores are gone now. I've tried Clotilde's and Home-Sew with no luck.

Sure could use some help locating these--if they're even made any more...

Cheers,
Jann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mens pants-pocket repair....

hmmm i didn't know they even made such a thing! i will have to tell my DH...he needs them desperately! he had a VERY bad habit of leaving things in his pockets for the laundry that should not go in. Things like drill bits, scissors, lactaid pills, kleenex etc...well i solved that by cutting off the inside end of the pocket to salvage the items before the wash lol. a few pants w/o working pockets later and my problem was solved hehehehe... does he ever remember that he can't put keys in certain pants thou...no lol! but no more drill bits fall out of the washer or dryer when i open the doors anymore :-) ~ liz

o

You might try Nancysnotions.com It is a great catalog of sewing stuff. Nanny

o

Liz, I LOVE your solution. I'll try to remember it for future use. :)

Moni

o

Hancock Fabrics on-line store has them...made by Dritz. The "real" stores should have them, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: pocket repair

o

Lido--woo-hoo, thank you. That's just what I was looking for! Now if I can limit myself to ordering just the pocket repair--it looks like there might be a million other things there that I need...

Cheers,
J

o

Try a fabric store.

Or ... cut up the corner of an old sheet and make your own.

ole joyful

o

There's always the silver miracle, now available in fashion colors!

o

JoAnns and a super Walmart. No sure about Hobby Lobby. But my DD made her's for her son in law.

o

Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

Cynic, is that duct-tape????? That might work in a pinch. I'll have to try it.

For some reason, those pocket replacements are really difficult to find in this area. I've ordered four packs, which should keep me supplied for a little while....

Jann

o

I'm fortunate I have "Variety Store" about 5 miles away. They carry items like iron-on patches and pants pockets. I also found a good (female) tailor/ dressmaker in my own town who will sew anything.

o

Sometimes, I have found pocket repairs at Joanne Fabrics.

Most of the time, the holes in my pockets are near the bottom, therefore, I can repair these with a large iron patch. Add stiching around the edges if more security is desired.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here