Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Forums and topics highlighted

Posted by schoolhouse (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 11:53

Is anyone still having a problem with the titles of forums being highlighted in orange even after you've logged out and back in? It's a little confusing not knowing which threads you've read or already replied on. It's as tho the site bookmarks which forums you regularly visit.

And I used to complain about having to log in each and every time I left GW, but now it seems to keep me logged in even until the next day unless I log out. Guess that's my problem for not logging out but still...just different.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Forums and topics highlighted

No problems with it at all. Must be frustrating!

o

nope I don't see anything orange at all.

o

Must be my computer, some kind of setting I have turned on. I'll have to go in and look for an answer.

o

Don't know about forums.

Topics highlighted in red after I've looked.

Gets those (non-singing) blues again only after I've added my piece (or have others).

o j

o

Try emptying the cache and cookies.

o

Are you talking about them 'not staying' highlighted at the link below?

If they are not staying highlighted, it sounds as if all history is being cleared when you log off.

What browser are you using?

Here is a link that might be useful: THS forums

o

cynic is right. Tools, options, browsing history...

o

No, it's not a problem of them "not staying highlighted". They remain highlighted even after I log out and back in. Which is just the opposite of how it used to be. It's like the titles of the forums I visit are bookmarked in orange text on the main page. I've cleared history but this morning nothing has changed. I'll work on it, clear it again and see what happens. Just an annoyance.

o

Hmmm...using Firefox go to tools, (up at the top) and clear recent history.

All your visited visited forums and threads should then go back to their original color.

What browser are you using?

o

Ok, got it fixed. I was clearing recent history, but that didn't work; then I finally saw "Options" like cynic and rob were trying to tell me all along and clicked on that. There I was able to customize how and what I wanted Firefox to do in regards to history. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here