SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Print your pictures BIG!

alisande
11 years ago

I just thought I'd share something I've been doing with my dad's pictures from the 1940s and earlier. I think at least some of us would like to have enlargements made of our favorite pictures, but don't necessarily want to fill our walls or tabletops with them. I own several 5x7 albums, but wanted to go bigger with my dad's pictures.

When I was exhibiting my own photographs, I ended up with some leftover 11x14 prints. I discovered the Profolio line of albums, and bought one that size for these prints. I liked it so much that I bought more: 8x10, 5x7, and 8.5x11. They're not expensive, and I got them on Amazon.

So recently I took advantage of a half-price sale on Mpix.com (my favorite photo printer) and had a bunch of my dad's picture printed letter-sized (8.5 x 11). I'm very happy with the result. Here's a sample of what they look like in the Profolio book (my mom and me).

These albums need to lie flat, which is fine with me. They're archival safe and acid free.

PS: The watermark is on the picture I took of the pictures, not on the one in the book. ;-)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz