SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lambsear12

Surprise at Walmart today!

lambsear12
10 years ago

While I was there for other items (TP, flour etc) I decided to check the price on my allergy meds. I haven't bought them there before, but figured maybe I could save a buck or two. I take two kinds, Chlortrimeton & Benadryl- basic over the counter stuff. CVS often has the Chroltrimeton in 100 ct bottles for about $11-12 dollars. Benadryl is a sneaky product. The main ingredient in Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCl 25 mg) is the same as the main ingredient in some mild sleeping pills. The bottle of 100 ct sleeping pills is $14. Knowing all this I figured I would look for store brand Benadryl or sleeping pills. Well, let me tell you I was shocked! I know that SOME prices at Walmart are better. I also know that they don't stock some generic products or have been known to have only small containers of brand name product and big containers of more expensive store brand. It really is quite the manipulation. However, I found both meds in 100 ct bottles for. Are you ready??? $4 each! I feel so ripped off from CVS & Walgreen. For years I have been buying these products- the prices keep going up and up. And there they are for a quarter to the cost! Is this a problem with the healthcare industry? Or greedy mark up by the retailers? Or is Walmart just bating me to be there more often and will buy other more expensive items out of convenience?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21