SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patti43

I'll Share My Recipes If You Share Yours 2/16 - 2/22

patti43
10 years ago

First I have to thank Terri_pacnw for posting the asparagus soup recipe. Asparagus was on sale for $1.99 lb. this week and I just had to buy some. I spent some free time yesterday looking for a soup recipe and none of them sounded good. But the one Terri posted was exactly the kind of soup I was looking for. Rich and creamy with a splash of sherry--which I think makes any cream soup better. Bless you Terri! Now I need to stock up on some leeks! :-)

I'm making this soup today. Haven't made it before but I also have two small heads of cauliflower.

CAULIFLOWER SOUP (Fantastic Eats)

3 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
2 Leeks (whites only), washed and chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 Large head cauliflower, florets
3 cups chicken (or vegetable) broth
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly shredded)
1 cup white sharp cheddar cheese (freshly shredded)
cracked pepper

In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, leeks, celery, parsley, thyme, and salt. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until the veggies are soft, 5-8 minutes. Add the garlic and wine, cook until evaporated, 3-5 minutes. Stir in the cauliflower, and broth. Simmer until soft, about 25 minutes. Puree the soup, either with an immersion blender, or by carefully pouring it, in small batches, into your blender and blending until smooth. (NOTE: We like a bit of texture, so we left about 1-2 cups as is, and didn't puree them. But either way is great!)
Add it all back together in the pan, stir in cracked pepper to taste, and serve! (Optionally, you had whisk together a 1 TB. olive oil with 1 tsp fresh parsley and drizzle on top of the individual servings of soup.) Enjoy!

Comments (21)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH