Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weather report

Posted by sleeperblues (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 8:13

It's -8 here right now, but supposed to "heat up" to 8 today. We had a little dusting of snow last night, but sunny skies right now. The big thing is that we have very little wind, so our walk today won't be so bad. I cannot wait until we get warmer weather, because my dogs really hate their boots and coats--almost like I am torturing them until they get outside and start frolicking. When it's this cold I put two coats on them. We don't go very far, less than 2 miles because I hate it, lol.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weather report

it's 15 here right now, in tonawanda, new york, and snowing like crazy. we probably got an inch and a half in the past hour. i should get boots for alfie, cause he really hates the snow on his pads and spends a half hour licking them off after he has been outside.

o

It's 19 here on Long Island NY. I'm staying indoors today- daughter borrowed my car.

o

We have light snow and 18 right now, more snow expected for the next few days.

Sue in Central Indiana

o

It's 14 in bright sun as I write this. Don't know how cold it got last night. Bonesy, the outside cat, sleeps in a dog house on the porch. I put two heated disks (made for keeping pets warm) in with her last night, and one of them was still warm on the bottom this morning. That always amazes me.

The wind yesterday was fierce. I still haven't found one of my trash can lids, and I guess I'm not going to, at least for awhile, because we're expecting snow later today.

o

17 when we got up. Beautifully sunny. We're supposed to get another dusting of snow overnight.

South Jersey

o

-22 here this morning, but better than yesterday, when it got down to -33. Oh, well, the sun is trying to shine, so it will be OK. It's amazing how I can say, in July, how I don't mind Minnesota winters!!

o

8 here in WV, but sunny! Going to get more snow, gotta feed my birds!

o

It's 17 right now in my part of Ohio, with a light snow coming down. We're to get between 3 and 5 inches of the fluffy stuff by tomorrow evening. It got down to 6 last night, but that's a heat wave compared to Phyllis.

I'm ready for spring.

Shirley/Ohio

o

right now:
A Few Clouds

44°F/7°C

Humidity55%
Wind SpeedNW 10 mph
Barometer30.27 in (1025.6 mb)
Dewpoint29°F (-2°C)
Visibility10.00 mi
Wind Chill39°F (4°C)

Last Update on 2 Feb 9:52 am CST

later today it might get to be:
Sunny, with a high near 59. North northwest wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

o

Aloha from South Maui! It's just getting light here in the shadow of Haleakala at 7 a.m.. I can hear the Francolin quail tuning up. (They sound like rusted pump handles.)

Yesterday was *perfect*, and I expect more of the same today: Sunny, 80F with Trade Winds 10 - 15 MPH. The beaches along Kihei Road are busy with pale tourists spotting whales and getting sunburned.

I'm up early because the guests above us are evidently on Road to Hana by now. THEY were up at 5 a.m., bashing around. (First noisy guests above us so far this year.)

o

Oh, Chisue, I am so jealous! I love Hawaii. Sorry you have noisy neighbors. We did that road to Hana 20 years ago. If I remember correctly it wasn't that great of a road, dangerous in spots. Maybe they've improved it? Enjoy your vacation.

o

North Dakota--22 ABOVE with snow, about an inch and will have it off and on for the next 3 days. Expect some wind also.

o

Yikes, Phyllis! What do you use for heat? I heat with wood, but I don't think I could keep up at your temperatures. I remember one night it went down to 28 below here, but that was about 30 years ago.

o

We had one year where it was minus 23 but that broke our record. It was in the teens here last night with winds but now is 25 with light snow. I won't complain because I can take extreme cold than extreme heat and humidity,

o

we're about the same as lilly..have had light "drier" snow..dh used a broom to clear the walkway...we havn't put down salt as it worn't melt at the low temps...went to home depot and maybe that big accident in detroit had an effect on drivers..fewer were tail-gating! we did use dh's truck rather than my old mini-van....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here