Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FlapJacks

Posted by OldFixer (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 8:00

Or, Pancakes. Any special variety, or recipe?

IHOP free pancake day is Mar 4, 2014. "In return for the free pancakes, guests will be asked to consider leaving a donation for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals© ** or other designated local charities."

Here is a link that might be useful: IHOP PANCAKE DAY

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FlapJacks

Yes, thanks for the reminder. I always get pancakes at IHop to celebrate Mardi Gras in my own way.

o

I enjoy I HOP for brunch.

2x2x2 Senior: two pancakes, two eggs over easy, two sausage links

No syrup on mine, please.

One has to have the eggs on top and eat on the plate with sausages.

I enjoy the other one with butter, nothing else.

This post was edited by glenda_al on Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 12:52

o

I love pancakes, but have lost my appetite for the regular kind. Mine have been made with at least half buckwheat flour for years.

3/4 cup buckwheat flour

3/4 cup AP flour

3 T sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. good cinnamon

3 T unsalted butter, melted (then cooled)

1 large egg

2 cups buttermilk

Cook them in butter for best flavor. These are wonderful with chocolate chips, blueberries, raisins, etc. Only pure NY state maple syrup for us!

These are really good left over, and I like to spread cream cheese or sweetened ricotta on them and cover them with fresh fruit.

Yumm!

Edited to include my favorite addition : chopped pecans!

This post was edited by rhizo_1 on Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 17:03

o

If I go out to eat breakfast, I never order pancakes. I will get French toast. At home if I want pancakes I just use the Krusteaz mix. I don't like my pancakes fluffy I want them a bit crispy around the edges. I like apple butter on them or maple syrup, sorghum or a good jelly, like black raspberry.

Sue

o

I buy hungry jack complete, I find them to be the best, then I add a little applesauce to the batter. Makes them light and good!

o

We call the pancakes here..had them Thursday for dinner with fresh berries and whipped cream for me..chocolate chip for Kam, plain for Kellan and BD.
The guys all like Mrs. Buttersworth..probably one of the last HFC products in the house..I can't get them to switch to real maple syrup.

I like my first one, hot off the griddle with a smear of butter folded in half while I flip the next batch. Lol.

Made banana bread pancakes a few weeks back for BD. He loved them. He is a spoiled husband. I sometimes make cinnamon roll pancakes too. With cream cheese drizzle. Yummm

o

Sue, I used to buy the Krustaez mix from Costco. They are so good. It's a pretty big bag, for the two of us, so now I either use a store brand, which we like better than Aunt Jemima etc, or make it from scratch, flour, egg, sour cream etc.

o

Jasdip, I too by the 10 pound bag from Sam's Club. We use ours up. Sometimes I share with our son. I also at times use it when I fry my chicken or fish.

Sue

o

MY DM used to say if you don't use Krusteaz you might as well not make them. I agree with her. That is what we use at work too and people think we have a special recipe. Everybody loves them. If a bag is too much, put it in the freezer. I keep mine in the refrigerator.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here