SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rhizo_1

YIKES! Sodium in foods a major big deal!

More studies have been published about the deadly effects of too much sodium consumption in our daily diets. The added sodium to our processed food is one part of the equation. The worst part. One meal at your favorite restaurant can provide all of the sodium requirement for the entire day or two.

Natural sodium also needs to be accounted for. I am not talking about table salt (sodium chloride), but all forms of sodium. Fruits and veggies have sodium.

Sodium is a required element for all of us. But many of us are taking in as much as 5 times what we should.

I've been trying to figure out and tally up the sodium content of my typical day...nearly ALL foods, natural and raw included, have sodium. Even my green sludgies!

I am super sensitive to sodium content and not paying close attention is akin to a death wish.

I've been avoiding canned or jarred food of all kinds for years. You can find low or no sodium stuff, but I have to make sure that potassium chloride is not added as a substitute. Lawd, that crap tastes terrible!!

So, who else is aware of this...or should I say concerned about it? I'm going to figure out my total one of these days.

Can we share helpful hints?

Comments (10)