Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any Dave Clark Five fans here?

Posted by jannie (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 15, 13 at 7:06

Back in the swingin' sixties, my favorite music was made by this British band called The Beatles. But my second favorite was The Dave Clark Five (I'm in pieces, bits and pieces). Sad news today- their bass guitar player Rick Huxley passed away recently of COPD. (Same thing that took my Mother). Organist/singer Mike Smith died after a fall years ago after a bad fall, saxophonist Denis Payton gone from cancer. This leaves only founder/drummer Dave Clark and guitarist Lenny Davidson with us. RIP, Rick. You were a big part of my early teen years. Thanks for the music!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any Dave Clark Five fans here?

I too loved their music and they were probably number two here too, behind the Beatles. Every so often I'm in a Dollar Tree store and they are playing some really cool old music and I hear both the Beatles and the Dave Clark Five.

o
RE: Dave Clark Five

Back in the 60's I won a contest sponsored by "16" magazine (now long out of business). I wrote a poem about the DC5 and won a prize- an autographed album or photo of them. I no longer have it. But I remember the poem "For music alive, with jump and jive, it's our faves, everyone raves, the Dave Clark Five." Cheezy, I know.

o
RE: Any Dave Clark Five fans here?

Oh that is sad...they were a big part of my childhood also. Thanks for the update. So sad to see so many of our childhood idols leaving this earth.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here