SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dorothy_oahu

My best friend, Linda, died today. Thank you for all your prayer

dorothy_oahu
10 years ago

Thank all of you for your prayers. Linda died at 3:45 p.m. today. She had had a heart attack, respiratory failure from the heart attack and her brain was swollen. Now her daughter, Noelani, needs lots of prayers. Yesterday she didn't want to let her mother go and said she would take care of her but the doctor explained that she was not going to make it. I called the church this morning to call our friend and Bible Study leader and he got there about a half hour before she died and said a prayer. she slipped away peacefully.

They lived in section 8 housing but it was a new place and nice. But Noe won't be able to afford to stay there by herself. They were/are on Medicaid.
When Noe was born they gave her too much oxygen and she was blind in one eye and very limited sight in the other. She is also a little "slow". She's not retarded and can do a lot of things and keep track of her money and helped take care of her mother. She is so sweet and kind and a good Christian. She's almost 50. The biggest problem is that they kept taking in stray cats. There are 5 there now and she doesn't want to leave any of them and no one wants to take her in with all those cats. The landlord had said they could have 2 but . . . .

A cousin will stay with her tonight and they will get her papers together and call the funeral home. They had just gotten home yesterday from getting her birth certificate.

It's been a hard day for me. We had been friends for years and before she got sick and her leg withered and became a club foot (The doctors didn't really have an explanation for that) we ran around a lot ~ shopping, lunch, laughing and joking in her old clunker. When I couldn't see well enough to drive my car anymore my daughter would take us out and take them to doctor appointments and shopping and the bank. She used to always give me pedicures because she loved to give people pedicures. She got too shaky this last year to do it anymore. '

Thanks for listening and thank you for your prayers. Since I can't drive or get out much anymore she was my last friend and I'll miss her but I know she is in heaven running and leaping and rejoicing. We talked just last week about how she didn't want to be on life support and how she was tired of being pretty much bedridden or in a wheelchair now and had to wear diapers and those UGLY heavy shoes when she went out ~ to help her stand enough to get from car to wheelchair and vice versa. Not that she was anticipating dieing any time soon.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH