SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cynic_gw

Didn't see the sense of it when first hyped & still not impressed

cynic
11 years ago

This "dip and squeeze" ketchup packet. Didn't know until today it's supposed to look like a ketchup bottle. OK, if that's what you say!

They're not catching on around here and it's not surprising. I've seen them on a couple grocery store shelves and they're quite expensive. Can't imagine buying them for many uses for me. The only place I've seen using them is Wendy's and they must be pretty expensive because they're pretty chintzy with them. I still don't see what all the hoopla was about anyway. Seems to be a big waste of a lot of R&D dollars. They have the little tubs already for things like sauces at the fast food places. Jelly and peanut butter come in the little tubs in restaurant supply houses. The only real difference is these new packets are so much more flimsy, I imagine reason being that you can squeeze them easier but they're so flimsy that using them as a tub for dipping is clumsier. The other tubs can be squeezed for dispensing. I've done that for years! I think it's a big waste and a lot of hype for nothing. Considering they didn't commit to it, this might go the way of New Coke.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!