SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

More talk about books....

alisande
10 years ago

I bought a couple of used books at the library this week (my favorite way to buy books). One of them was a western by Robert B. Parker. At least I thought it was. It's a hardcover, and the jacket had written on top--in huge letters--Robert B. Parker. At least I thought it did. What it actually said was Robert B. Parker's. And then the title, Ironhorse, in much smaller letters. And then at the bottom, in itty-bitty letters, by Robert Knott.

So this was written after Robert Parker's death. I'll give it a shot, but I don't know.....has anyone here read it? I was surprised to learn that this book is Robert Knott's first novel. And yet Putnam gave him the task of continuing the work of such a popular author. I'm guessing Knott has a knack for replicating Parker's wonderful humor. Well, we'll see.

I picked up another book there as well. I'm a big fan of J.D. Robb's "In Death" series, but I've never read Nora Roberts' romance novels. I'm just not a romance reader. When I saw a book entitled Remember When, I was intrigued though. It's a Nora Roberts romance, but halfway through Lt. Eve Dallas gets involved in the story, and J.D. Robb takes over the writing.

I started it, and I like it. It's definitely on the light side, but it caught my interest. I also find it interesting that Nora Roberts' writing is quite different from J.D. Robb's.

What books would you like to talk about?

Comments (6)