SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joann_fl

Sisterwives fans...........

joann_fl
9 years ago

the new show starts tonight. It should be interesting!

Comments (14)

• susanjf_gw
    9 years ago

are they still in vegas?

• joann_fl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

They are in the 4 homes they bought.

• Alice_sj
    9 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. I never used to watch the show, but the conversations here piqued my curiosity, and now it's a train wreck I want to watch. I don't watch a lot of "reality TV."

• dorothy_oahu
    9 years ago

Why did he say there would be a 5th woman moving in?

Or may be. Just a teaser?

This post was edited by dorothy_oahu on Sun, Jan 4, 15 at 22:22

• Elmer J Fudd
    9 years ago

Help me with this one.

Is the interest in a show like this anything other than voyeurism that's been slightly masked for watchers to think it's more acceptable and less sleazy than other forms? With lots of comments offering suggestions and innuendo that fool no one but get the ideas across?

• jkayd_il5
    9 years ago

I have watched them for several seasons but last season I started to get tired and bored with them. The women don't seem to really like each other and the show manufactures trips or situations just to have a show. I watched last night but I'm not really enjoying the show much any more.

• SunnyDJ
    9 years ago

I honestly don't understand why this show is on...How can anyone accept this type of living? Sorry to say, but I think of this fellow as a pig.....But, this is my opinion......

• Chi
    9 years ago

People like watching lives and lifestyles that are different from their own. Polygamy, 20 kids, filthy rich Housewives, etc. It's a form of escapism. I watch a few of them as my life is pretty boring and mundane and I like seeing how other people live.

Their moral beliefs don't bother me as long as they don't hurt anyone else. Polygamy is fine - it's their belief, and no one else is affected. The Duggars annoy me because they are now focusing their efforts on legislation against lifestyles they don't believe in. Believe what you want but don't try to take away other people's rights, imo.

• Sue_va
    9 years ago

Here is another thought. People read fiction all the time. Watching fiction, which I think most of Sisters and Duggars is, is easier. I watch some of both, but I think the trips,and other activities are time wasters "made for TV."

I do watch The Little Couple, and Small People, Big world. There is more truth to those shows, and these are real people, living real lives. (Mostly.)

I do not watch any of the Housewives shows, or some others that I can't even remember the names of.

Sue

• Elmer J Fudd
    9 years ago

"People like watching lives and lifestyles that are different from their own."

Yes. Such a vicarious experience, when sex is involved, is exactly what voyeurism is. It's the fantasy of having the personal or sexual experience yourself, by watching others.

• joann_fl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The women moving in is Christine's Mother. They didn't say why.

I just enjoy seeing how other people live and how they deal with different things. You can learn something from everyone. I don't like the Housewives or the wild lifestyle shows. I love the Little couple and Married at first sight also the 90 day fiance.
    I'm not wild about My 5 wives, but I do like the Browns.

• kayjones
    9 years ago

This is off topic, but I am so happy Honey Boo Boo and that mess is gone! I watched Sister Wives on Sunday night for a while and imho, the ladies seemed a bit more in control of their emotions, which is good.

• justlinda
    9 years ago

I don't think there's much "truth" to any of these shows. They are all scripted for television....parts added for excitement when the "going is slow" to "teasers" when cliff-hanging is desired to keep one tuned in for next episode.

As for the Sisterwives I think many watch it hoping for a bit of tantalizing tidbits....like how they have sex, when they have sex, etc., yup, no better than voyeurs.

My humble opinion only, LOL, as I don't watch any of these "reality" shows aside from the commercials or previews which I can't avoid!

• bee0hio
    9 years ago

I have watched SisterWives & can assure those suggesting that it is voyeurism, no it is not. They are very careful about that, imho, not really showing any pda's between Cody & any of the wives. They have even said that is something that does not happen when the cameras are not there. No pda.

While I can't agree with the lifestyle, I do think they seemed to have their act together in terms of a loving & grounded family, at least from the TV appearance of it. Yes I think much of the drama is contrived for TV convenience.

I think the analogy posted above of similar to reading fiction is a good one. That's the way I view it.