Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Thursday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 17:00

Pretty day, but in the 60's. Supposed to get down to 30 tonight. Not anything like some of you have today, by a long shot! Hope you are all warm and safe in your homes tonight.

We're having an easy dinner tonight--dried beef gravy over biscuits with some sort of vegetable. All that gravy talk Lindalou posted about this morning gave me a cravin'!

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Thursday?

Was in the mood for a reuben and I was on that side of town, so a reuben at The Diplomat.

I sampled their chili and it's fantastic, so might drive over that way tomorrow just for their chili.

o

Well it was going to be 15 bean soup and cornbread but I didn't get the beans on early enough so they will be for tomorrow.

Tonight we are going to have ham, mashed potatoes and a veggie.

The bean soup ended up being ready for dinner so that is what we had. It was soooo good and there is plenty for dinner tomorrow.

This post was edited by Nita__AZ on Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 20:53

o

Today was 'Hunting and Gathering' day~~AKA grocery shopping. I hate to cook on shopping day~~but I have a pkg of fresh baby spinich left from DS open house~~so tonight will be salads~~DH will have grilled chiken, I will have cheese/spinich ravioli in mine.

Our weather is in the mid 70's~~~a very beautiful day;)

o

I had chicken barley/wild rice soup. With a side dish of cracker dressing. Everything tasted so good, especially on a cold, snowy day.

Shirley

o

gadgets, I make cracker dressing and that's the only dressing my son would eat.

Got the recipe from a former KT'er from NY long long ago.

o

We went with a 'fun' dinner--whole wheat pancakes, homemade applesauce (from the freezer), and some Amish link sausage.

Creamed Dried beef over biscuits sounds good, though--yum! Haven't made that in a few weeks.

o

We are in a rut...steak, mashed potatoes and mushrooms with mozzarella melted over them.

o

Pan-fried freshly caught fish, hashbrowns, homemade bread and hot chocolate. (Very low temps predicted here tonight, so I have to get ready for it!)

o

I am cooking blackened salmon and potatoes with salad

o

I went out for dinner again tonight. This time with the ladies. Today was movie day. We saw Silver Linings Playbook. The acting was superb. It was showing a little later than usual so we decided to go to dinner instead of lunch. We went to Bonefish and I had my usual. Mussels Josephine. I was a good girl and marinated a London broil for DH and made him some potato salad this afternoon for his dinner.

o

Yesterday we set record high temps. Rain and warm temps took away all the snow. Winter came back today with a vengeance. High winds and blowing snow.

I made meatballs with my soy/garlic sauce, mashed potatoes, carrots and cabbage.

This post was edited by jasdip on Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 20:13

o

Glenda, I always get my "Reuben" without the sauerkraut, since I'm not that fond of it. Chili sounds worth the trip back tomorrow.

Nita, that sounds like good news/bad news. Bad news, no soup tonight. Good news, no cooking tomorrow!! Enjoy!

YogaLady, how funny! We call it "Hunting and Foraging" when it's grocery day. And like you, I don't want to cook so I usually get a sub from the Publix deli. Our Publix is so darned busy--wish they'd build a new one down the road a bit. Enjoy your nice weather.

Shirley, we're having chicken and wild rice soup one day this week. I made a list of menus for 7 days (which will actually last for at least 11 days with leftovers). I'm crazy for wild rice! Hope your snow melts--but it doesn't look like that's going to happen for a few days. Hope you don't have to go out in it.

Azzalea, that really is a fun dinner. Harry loves it (and we don't need to tell them it's easy peasy! ;-)

Pam, you poor little thing. Steak again--sigh! LOL! Sounds yum to me. Those mushrooms sound to die for. Do you put them over the steak?

Phyllis, please tell me your fresh fish wasn't walleye, 'cause if it was, I'm going to cry out of envy. What a wonderful meal. Don't know what else you could ask for!

Raven, I'm waiting for the sockeye from the West Coast to be in the stores again. I think it will be a few months, though. I love any salmon though, including canned. Are you warm over there in TX? Just need to know about how long this cold front is going to stick around here. What your weather is today, ours will be in about 3 or 4.

Georgysmom, it sounds like you had another fun day. It was thoughtful of you to marinade a steak for your DH. It sounds like he can pretty well manage to fend for himself, though.

o

today was long medical trip-so,good old KFC their gravy and salads-easy peezy :)

o

was such a frazzled day...dh missed a huge pileup on I75 here in detroit by a matter of minutes, i made comfort food, breakfast..

30 car/semi's hit a white out...and then each other. the darn snow only lasted seconds but people just couldn't stop...

o

we had salisbury steaks with onion gravy and mashed potatoes (grin) and peas & carrots. i had a gravy craving since this morning.....:)

o

i had my home made veg soup and steak.

o

Amber, Alyssa and I went to Chili's yesterday for lunch. The first time there. I had a coupon for a birthday sundae. My meal was sirloin steak, broccoli, and apples. It came with a nice piece of buttered toast. The broccoli tasted gritty to me and told the server and she asked what I wanted to replace it with. I ended up with more apples which I gave to Amber to take home for Alyssa. The birthday sundae I shared and it was really good. Now for supper was just a ham salad sandwich and some milk to drink.

Sue

o

we had salisbury steaks with onion gravy and mashed potatoes (grin) and peas & carrots. i had a gravy craving since this morning.....:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here