SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wantoretire_did

Movietube??

wantoretire_did
9 years ago

Have any of you used this free site? I just found out about it from a relative. There are some movies I would like to watch and several TV shows. Wondering if it is too good to be true???

It is .co not .com

Here is a link that might be useful: Movietube

Comments (21)

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

I have not used that one but I use Crackle all the time especially on my Android devices.
    Crackle - Watch Movies Online, Free TV Shows, & Original Online Series

totally free and nice choices of movies, shows, videos etc

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

It's not too good to be true at all. We watch tv shows online all the time, which is how I catch up on all the shows that you guys recommend.

There are a number of sites, and it was in our local paper that Popcorn Time is really giving Netflix a run for their money. It's a free program that you download. We love it.

• mare_wbpa
    9 years ago

There are movies listed that are still in theaters. How is that possible? I haven't watched any full length movies yet, but I did click on a couple and they just started to play, no download or app needed. Can that be legal?

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

This is another site I have seen mentioned with HD quality streaming.

Here is a link that might be useful: videos

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

Here are some of the sites that we watch. TV shows and movies

couchtuner.eu
    cokeandpopcorn.ch
    primewire.ag
    free-tv-online.me
    tubeplus.me

• socks
    9 years ago

This is interesting. There are so many channels, options and different ways to watch TV now. It's impossible to keep up with all of it.

I'm still looking for a way to catch up on Outlander without subscribing to the channel (Starz I think it is.).

This post was edited by socks12345 on Fri, Jan 30, 15 at 11:15

• Cherryfizz
    9 years ago

I am not sure how Canada's new Copyright laws work but I wouldn't download anything. I don't think you get fined but you could receive a "notice" from your IP

Someone told me about a site to watch tv shows and movies they use all the time and the first time I watched a show on it my computer picked up some type of virus or malware so I have steered clear of those free sites. I do watch shows that some cable or tv stations provide on their sites and I do watch old BBC documentaries on Youtube

• donna_loomis
    9 years ago

Anyone, and Jasdip in particular, since you use those sites - I have a question. I have been to several sites that offer "free" movies and/or tv, but in order to sign up they request a credit card number. Why would they need that info if the site is free? Do those sites you mentioned ask for CC info?

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Never EVER give your credit card information to one of those sites.

• donna_loomis
    9 years ago

Nope. I scoot out as soon as they ask for it.

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

Donna I have never, ever seen a site that asks for your credit number.
    Primewire and Free-tv-online has a registration part of the site, which I never do. Just click on the tv show/movie and watch.

Often you'll have to try a number of links before one works smoothly. If it's busy, it will buffer for a while.

That's how we've caught up on Suits, Mad Men, Rizzoli and Isles, and we're now watching White Collar.

• bob_cville
    9 years ago

These sites often will often have a short explanation of how they are not breaking the law, which usually is some combination of: 1) We don't host any of the actual content, we merely have links to others sites that host and deliver the content. or 2) We are located in some other country where copyright law is written differently, or merely never enforced.

What they gloss over is that the site to which they link, which actually does host and deliver the content, is very likely breaking the law. But since they are usually anonymous file upload sites, its hard to track and since they are often located in other countries, the enforcement of the law is lax at best.

And more importantly, actually using the site is a violation of copyright law. So while the above listed websites might have nothing to fear, those who use the sites (especially if they are in the U.S., or some other country that allows and supports vigorous copyright enforcement) may face massive fines, similar to what have been levied for downloading music illegally.

As far as I know, no one has been charged or fined for using one of these sites, but if it happens, it will likely be massive

Furthermore I have frequently heard that the sites that actually host and deliver the content are lax about ensuring the content or the ads adjacent to the content are malware-free, so if you plan to visit them be sure you have up-to-date virus/malware detection/prevention software. It might be scare tactics by the movie/TV show makers, but it at least seems reasonable that people who are willing to illegally upload movies or TV shows, might have no qualms about other illegal activities, (such as phishing for online bank access info)

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

The only one that I use is crackle which is legit. You don't have to register or pay for anything, unless you want something that is not under the free list, similar to hulu. It's like older stuff on there though no brand new movies. I have used the app also for android.
    Anything that asked to register or more I would avoid.
    The crackle app is available at the Google play store and Crackle is owned by Sony Pictures. The channel, and all its content, are provided free with advertisments (or via rental depending on the movie) by Sony Pictures Entertainment.
    This link list a few legal sites for this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Legal sites

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

Because they are free, as Bob said, definitely make sure your anti-virus, Malware, and spyware sites are up to date and your computer is scanned regularly.

We don't download/copy the tv shows, just stream to watch.

• movietubeco
    9 years ago

Yes not bad for watch movies Movie Tube

• User
    9 years ago

Thanks, I just saved them!

• User
    9 years ago

I watched "wild" yesterday on movie tube, It was kind of a waste of 2 hours.
    Have you seen it?

• Kiesha Smith
    8 years ago

What happen to movietube

• TulsaRose
    8 years ago

Google Movietube for interesting information.

MPAA Sues MovieTube

• Jasdip
    8 years ago

This link works

Movie Tube

• shale1965
    8 years ago

they say its free not free canceled within 5 minutes charged my card 1,00 cancelation fee.