SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pammyfay

A question about sewing thread

pammyfay
9 years ago

I'm trying to separate 2 colors of pants that I've been buying from Kohls -- some are black, the rest are navy.

But this navy leans toward the darker scale of navys, and it's hard for my eye to discern the difference. (Although, I guess, to be honest, if I wore black when I intended to have navy, in the office light, I don't think anybody could tell -- just me, when I step out in daylight and sunshine. I'm just a tad over 50 and wear glasses when I drive, only for distance.)

So to make this a bit easier for me, someone (perhaps here) suggested sewing a bit of color-coordinated thread to an inseam.

My question: Sewing thread is colorfast, right? For the navy pants, I would get a spool that's blue -- not aqua or turquoise, but something that's quickly recognized as blue.

Also, if there are any suggestions about ways to differentiate when the pants are hanging in a closet with no inside lighting, suggest away! (I thought of picking up an inexpensive OttLite, but I fear that having to take the pant over to that light every time would waste just as much time and still frustrate me.)

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company