Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did Tender Heart Treasures go out of business?

Posted by craftyshe (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 5, 09 at 15:08

Been trying web site & it doesnt come up.So I called & no answer.
I really liked them,so I hope just web is down.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did Tender Heart Treasures go out of business?

Hmm.. website down for me too. This is what I found online:

By Staff -- Gifts & Decorative Accessories,12/23/2008
La Vista, NE Gift and home dcor vendor THT Designs Inc., (aka Tender Heart Treasures) was sold to Synergy4 Enterprises Inc., a new corporation headed by THTs CFO Michele K. Quinn. Quinn, who has been with THT since 2005, serves as Synergy4s president. Ownership was transferred on December 22.

THT Designs Inc. sold its 300,000 square-foot building and adjoining land to Yahoo! Inc. in September. After that sale, THT founder and CEO Pamela K. Watanabe-Gerdes said she would explore selling THTs assets by year end. "I am very excited to transition THT Designs to the buyer I have chosen because she understands and embraces our business culture and will carry on the legacy that this company was founded on," Watanabe-Gerdes said in a statement. Quinn said that the transition will be seamless to the customer (except for a new address), and that the same quality products and service will continue to be offered.

The new ownership will keep the operation in the Omaha, NE area. Synergy4 will operate THT Designs from a new location at 11005 E Circle, Omaha starting in January 2009.

If you read the online article at the link - their are people posting that they cannot contact THT - shoot! Doesn't sound good.

Maybe it will open as something new.

I remember going to the THT "Store" many moons ago. They had a little retail shop hooked onto their warehouse. Lots of bargains.

Maybe Pattico knows more - she is from the Omaha/CB area.

Here is a link that might be useful: THT article

o

Hi, received their catalog about 2 weeks ago, and picked out two things to order. Called the 800 number and no one is answering. Maybe they are going through a transition. I will keep trying.

o

I'd say they're going through their transition. I know from that address of 110 and E Circle that they're probably moving into the Oriental Trading building. When I was still working I'd go by that building every day as I worked on 96th and F. So maybe THT and Oriental Trading merged, or OT was bought out by THT.
Leslie

o

I used to shop there all the time....hated it when they closed.

Last year my daughter was telling me about getting to go shopping there...You paid x amount of dollars per box load (I can't remember the amount). She said it was a good size box and they could shove anything they wanted into it. I was hoping to go with her this year. But she didn't go.
It must have been overstock.

Sorry I don't know anything about the website. I know I got an email ad from them recently.

patti

o

hmmm I already thought the OTC and THT were the same company? or atleast subsidiaries of the same parent company???

o
RE::: Did Tender Heart Treasures go out of business?

terri, that could be true. I just know that the building always had Oriental Trading on it. But that was 8 years ago.
Leslie

o

I don't think they are the same company or the same owners.

I haven't ordered from THT for a while, but I do see their stuff in gift shops and I buy it there.

Boy, I haven't been shopping in Omaha for years! I used to get there on a semi regular basis when the Stockyards were open. We would go down when we sold cattle there. That was always a fun trip!

o

Iowagirl, it HAS been a long time since you've been to Omaha. The stockyards has been gone for many years. I think it closed in the late 60's. You should drive over sometime. Patti and I could meet you for lunch.
Leslie

o

Just got this in an email....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Photobucket

o

Yea - thanks for the update Patti!

Leslie - the Stockyards actually closed in the mid 90's. There wasn't much left by then though. We went through a commission company - can't remember the name of it now though. Buyers would come through and check out the stock, and our commision man would get the bid for us. We didn't have to go to the yards, but it was fun. We would go to the big Exchange building and get our check. There wasn't much in the building anymore at that time, but you could see it was a cool building. I wonder if they left the Exchange building - or dozed it down.

o

I guess I just thought it was closed because I never saw any cattle there anymore.
Leslie

o

The Exchange building is still there...

A friend of my daughters had her wedding reception there...I guess it was really nice.

patti

o

Iowagirl....One of my best friends married a guy who was a cattle buyer....He made a ton of money...I remember way back in 1968 in the month of Jan he made 21 thousand dollars...that was a lot of money for one month in those days....He even bought cattle for John Wayne.

He still does that work now...and his son does it now too.

patti

o

That's a lot of money in "these" days! LOL~

We don't have a "commision man" anymore - but we do have an order buyer who buys our beef. It goes to Greater O most of the time.

I know there was a ballroom on the top floor of the Exchange building.

We used to go to Johnny's Steakhouse to eat sometimes. That was like taking a step right back into 1970! The barstools in the bar area were saddles. The kids thought it was really cool. Is Johnny's still open?

o

Yes, Johnny's is still open and I think they have restored some of the Livestock building into offices. As far as I know, the ballroom is still on the top floor, my DH and I used to square dance there!

o

Tender Heart Treasures/THT Designs is still in business. Those of you that assumed we were in a transition are correct, we didn't have phones or a website for awhile but we are back up and running in our new location now. We were bought by THT's CFO and she found this great building for us at 11005 E Circle. We are just north of the OTC building on 108 & I. You need to turn west on E Street and come about halfway down the road.
Our outlet store will be opening around 2/20 or so.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tender Heart Treasures

o

I got on the website the other day. Didn't Tender Heart Treasures used to be A Special Place or something like that? They had wonderful stuff!

o

Yep - Patti posted the info when she got the email that you were back online! Thanks for the update.

Outlet store.....drool..... :)

o

missindia....Tender Hearts started out being just Tender Hearts...then they started another branch of shabby chic stuff Called something like a Special Place...but that didn't last long...I was disappointed because I really liked it.
Now it's back to just Tender Hearts Treasures

They also used to have their store open for the public to shop...then they closed that down and went to catalog sales. I really hated that...we used to shop at their place all the time...It was like a warehouse that you shopped in. And the prices were really cheap.

o

Thanks for the response, Pattico! I thought I was losing my mind! I loved that stuff from A Special Place.

o

I think I still have one of the "Special Place" catalogs around here someplace...just for ideas...

o
Re: Tender Heart & THT are still going strong

Yes, both have been going strong since mid January.

www.tenderheart.com is still the consumer

www.thtdesigns.com is still the wholesale / reseller need to call with reseller i.d and get setup.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tender Heart Treausures

o

NO absolutely NOT!! But I can tell you I will NEVER deal with them again. I see why form here. They USED to be a good company but that's changed! I just placed an order over $100.00 & they had a cust appreciaion sale. The items I picked were all the same type different style (vegetable yard deco stakes, very nice) each go for $17.95 (tomatoe, peas & carrots) but it states on all threee desings $14.95 if you buy 2 or more. Nothing says you HAVE to buy 2 tomatoes or 2 peas, etc. to get the sale. Since they are all the same price with the same deal I feel I should've gotten the sale price. They absolutely refuse! I will NO LONGER deal with such a company as it is against my grain when customer service is over looked. Had they stated on line this rule I would be OK but I have yet to have anyone there show me where the rule is written.. becasue it isn't there. Foolish company lost my sales & friends of mine sales too!!

o
re otc &tender heart treasures the same?

IF THE ARE PART OF otc THAT'S SURPRISING! i DEAL WITH THEM AND NEVER EVER & STILL TODAY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THEM!

fUNNY HOW SUBS DON'T PLAY ALONG WITH EACH OTHER & GO AGAINST THE GRAIN.. STUPID HOW COMPANIES THINK CONSUMERS ARE SOOOO STUPID. tHE CATALOG COMPANY I WORKED FOR DID THE SAME THING, ALL THE CUSTOMER'S KNEW & THOUGHT WHAT A JOKE! THEY'D GO TO THE SUB FOR THE DISCOUNTS.

o

Anyone know what has happened to them now? Looks like both websites, THT Deaigns and Tender Hearts, are having issues. Can't get wither to open.

o

They are out of business. They are auctioning the warehouse and all it's contents on Tuesday.

http://www.nitzauctions.com/Huge-Warehouse-Distribution-Company-Business-Liquidation-Auction-a155922.php

Here is a link that might be useful: auction listing

o

I worked in the call center for THT years ago, and OTC And THT are two different companies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here