Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dr. Emu's RX for Pain

Posted by angelaid (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 9, 09 at 14:22

Has anyone tried this spray? It has glucosamine and chondroitin in it.
My mom fed ex'd a bottle to me to try for pain from fibro.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dr. Emu's RX for Pain

Where do you spray it?

o

Back, neck, shoulders, knees, where ever there is joint pain.
Which, for fibro sufferers, is every joint in your body. LOL

o

Dr. Emu? Can we assume it has Emu Oil in it? I never heard of glucosamine, etc. working topically, but let us know if you have success with it.

o

No, no, no Angelaid, if you read the diagnosis charts, FMS sufferers only hurt in 18 places. LOL

But I'm confused because FMS is muscle pain not joint pain, though these days I have both so may give it a try if I can find it.

Jodi-

o
RX for Pain

It does have emu oil, aloe and MSM in it and is for joint and muscle pain.
I'm going to start trying it today. If it *does* do anything I'll be shouting it from the rooftops.

Not getting my hopes up though. LOL

o

We probably won't be able hear you from the roof so can you post your results here as well? :-)

Jodi-

o

I just received my first bottle and WOW.....Instant Relief! As a fellow FMSer - for me this condition is a whole body, sleep deprived, flare up, mind fog, joint/muscle nodes and spasms, good/mostly bad day kind of suffering. And thats just the MORNING-OMG! Its great for instant relief of all types of head pain too. Best $26.00 I've ever spent.
Something else to try is Chayote-its in the squash vegetable family and so delicious. Helps with IBS and helps with classic fiber issues.

Hope this helps.....In Mind,Body & Love
MissLou

o

Glucosamine is available in a capsule form. My Dr suggested it to me for pain in my knees. It is a little pricy, not awful, and she told me that it works for some people and not for others. She also told me that if it hadn't worked after about 3 weeks, it probably wouldn't. It did help my knees quite a lot and I'm still taking it. But that's internally. I don't know about using it as a spray.

o

I have constant back pain. It's in my muscles. Would it work for that?
Donna

o
RE: pain

I currently use Biofreeze and I've also used Tiger Balm. Neither really helps much.
Donna

o

Misslou registered today, and arrives praising a product . . . ? This sort of thing always raises a red flag.

o
RE: Dr. Emu's RX f or Pain

Donna, I don't believe so. I think it specifically works on cartalige (sp) not muscles. I'm putting a link to what Mayo Clinic has to say about Glucosamine below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mayo link for Glucosamine

o

Red Flag??? hmmm-Just wanted to post a successful result if anyone is interested thats all.Geez Louise...... I was a skeptic until someone just sprayed it on my forehead, temples,shoulders, elbows and back of my neck without my permission and before the product dried my pain was gone and the bottle was in my purse.
I thought Angelaide asked if anyone had actually tried this spray-Hope to hear her "shouting from the rooftops". Good Luck!
In Mind,Body & Love,
MissLou

o

If I hoisted the red flag unnecessarily, I apologize. But all too often a promoter of a product will Google it, find it mentioned here, and arrive with a misleading testimonial.

Plus as someone who has experienced fibromyalgia for a lot of years, and is conversant with the neurological connection as well as numerous other facets of the condition, it's hard for me to imagine that anything applied topically is going to instantly eradicate pain.

o
Question for Alisande

Alisande-FYI
Found this website TODAY, only way to respond to a few posts was to JOIN TODAY. How are you helping anyone with this question?

o
ReE: Dr. Emu's RX for Pain

I've already apologized, Misslou. Give it a rest.

o

Misslou, don't be annoyed. We have trouble here sometimes with people peddling their products, usually people who registered the same day as their first posting. Your post did sound like these posts do--"WOW...Instant Relief" etc. A little over the edge.

If your post is genuine, thanks for participating, and we hope you'll stick around. If not....well....

As for the prices of glucosamine/chondroitin--watch at your local chain pharmacy (CVS for me) as they occasionally have buy one/get one free which is a real help.

Susan

o

I have written articles about emus and emu products before. Like anything else (from meds to exercise to meditation), they seem to help some people but not others.
If something brings you relief, stick with it!

o

Snake oil but certainly harmless (except to the wallet). If you're susceptible to placebo effects go for for it.

There were some positive studies for taking glucosamine and chondroitin for building /keeping healthier joints but some studies have refuted those claims since.

o

As a nurse i spend a lot of time on my feet. I have used emu oil on my legs for quite sometime for leg pain.

o

Emu oil has anti-inflamitory properties and is used on burns in hospitals. It is also used as a follow-up to a tattoo. I do not get how it would help with "leg pain" unless there was a skin condition causing the pain.

o

I used to be very skeptical of anything that didn't have a scientific basis for working. I admit I still fall back on the science and retain some of the doubt but I've also seen things work for people when there was no reason for it to work. So now I say "If it works for you, great!". Sometimes it might be just because they are doing something positive, or the act of rubbing in the ointment gives relief, or maybe it's because somebody expects to feel better so they are more active and THAT makes them feel better. Who knows. I'm glad there are still mysteries in the world. Really, I wish I could believe because I deal with leg and hip pain all the time. But sadly I think it's mostly voodoo and not medicine... and the 'wonder products' don't give me any relief.

So once again: if it works for you, great! Don't question it too much or the benefit might go away! Don't listen to those of us who tell you it can't work! Please don't spend your life savings on these products, but if it works for you, enjoy it!

o

Snake oil but certainly harmless (except to the wallet). If you're susceptible to placebo effects go for for it.

The question was "Has anyone tried this spray?"

The appropriate answer in your case would have been "NO."

o

Since my last post my family constantly choose this spray creme over biofreeze. We are noticing prompt relief-whether its my daily sciatica or headaches or back fatigue or shoulder pain flare-ups. Also BIOMAT (more info if anyone is at all interested) helps me tremendously achieve a restful sleep I so need.

Am I the only one on here that actually uses this product?
MissLou

o

OK, so I know this is my first posting, and I hope I won't be accused of giving false info. My husband has pancratic cancer, and experiences back pain that sometimes moves around to his abdominal area. His pain keeps him awake at night, and he resorts to taking pain medication which he hates. The health food store that I shop at frequently, suggested Dr Emu's and another product but said that they sell more Dr Emu's than the other. I bought both, but started with Dr Emu's 2 days ago. Since it didn't feel like Icy Hot or Bengay or Tiger Balm as I sprayed it on his back, he didn't think it was going to work. It work's, and he's had two very good nights of sleep. And pretty much pain free during the day. Maybe some slight irritable pain, but nothing like it has been. He's using it about 5 times a day.

Good Luck to those that are suffering from any kind of pain. I'm happy 'cause I too have had 2 very good nights of sleep!

o

I don't know anything about Dr. Emu's spray, but I do know that my puppy was yelping in pain until I started giving her glucosamine. I don't think it's due to a "placebo effect" either ;)

Susan (who means this light heartedly, and not sarcastically).

o

I'm interested too, but keep in mind that glucosamine definitely could raise your cholesterol levels. I've read this in the LA Times and it did happen to a couple of friends who tended toward high cholesterol. After discontinuing the glucosamine, their cholesterol numbers calmed down. Do your own research--the MAYO site is down right now so can't see if it's there too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Senior Health

o

To the poster who's husband has pancreatic cancer - sorry, but I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT believe Emu oil is helping your husband! My dear husband died two years ago with pancreatic cancer - I know first hand that there are no over-the-counter products that relieve the pain of pancreas cancer!

No, I have not tried this spray, but have round-about relatives who raise Emus - never heard them say anything about pain relief from Emu oil. I'd say - save your money!

o

kayjones,
How can you say to finneyboysmom that it didn't work on her husband. She just told you it did. Everyone responds differently to pain treatments. I have had treatments that worked for the first couple of days and then just stopped working as my mind/body adjusted. If it helped her husband sleep then it indeed worked for him.
Donna

o

angelaid ... did it work for you? I missed this post the first time around, and am curious whether it helped you or not.

o

Donna, not with pancreatic cancer - it is horrific, intense pain - the only thing that would stop the pain is prescription medication, unless of course, her dh had some other type of pancreas problem - for actual pancreatic cancer, it would not work to stop the pain.

If you wish to debate my first response further, please email me privately - this is not the place to carry on an argument - just click on my name to email me directly.

o

Nice little disclaimer straight from their own website.

Bold has been added by me for emphasis.

The information contained in this site is to be used used for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended to replace discussions with your healthcare provider. Dr. Emu's Rx for Pain� is not a drug and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or ailment. It is not intended to affect the structure or functions of the human body.

So they pretty much admit themselves it has little or no use for anything other than to take your money.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dr. Emu's

o

If it's not something the FDA regulates, they as a distributor MUST say that. Even though thousands of testimonials may say otherwise it's called CYA.

I have no doubt that for some Emu Oil has done exactly what they say it has! And if it gives them relief, I'm sure the cost means nothing to them.

o
Dr. Emu's

Didn't do a thing for me, but my friend says it helped with pain in his shoulder from falling on the ice this winter.

o

I found this web site today and wanted to share my experience with you. Being a nurse, I can't work if I have used narcotic pain medications. I have FM, arthritis, herniated discs and migraines. I have used Dr. Emu's Rx For Pain - Stops Pain Now, for several years. It has worked so well for my pain issues, that I have shared it with my family, the other nurses on my unit and my patients. I buy Dr. Emu's at my local health food store in West Palm Beach, FL. The toll free phone number for Dr. Emu's is on the bottle. After seeing this web site, I called and asked if they would mind me posting their phone number 1-888-537-3687. I spoke to Darrell, the owner, he said he would be happy to answer calls from anyone with questions about Dr. Emu's RX For Pain and assist with locating a retailer for his products. Retailers have Tester Bottles to try.

o

If you compare the new ingredient label to the older labels, they are now different. The first ingredient is now "positive energy" (not sure how you bottle that), it now includes water in the ingredients (it is watered down?) does not list MSM or CMO in the ingredients, and it says "golden emu oil" instead of 100% pure emu oil. When I contacted the company, the owner was very rude and talked in circles about his new labeling and first said it was the same formula but then admitted now there was no CMO in it. He also said there has always been water in the formula but for 7 years it has not been listed in the ingredients... NO LONGER TRUST THIS "DOCTOR"... HE SHOULD REALIZE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE CAN HURT HIS BUSINESS.

o

holy smokes talk about drag a post out of the archives this one is from 2009! Wow

o

Ravencajun, I got all hopeful that Dilly Dally was back....then I noticed it was from 2009. :))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here